Dunbar Rolls And Boxes?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dunbar Rolls And Boxes?

Postby Merwanseth » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Recently, the bank I regularly order $25.00 penny boxes from switched to a company called "Dunbar Cash Vault Services". At least that's what it says on each roll of pennies and on the outside of the box. It's too early to tell for sure, but I think the copper content in them is down to about 22 percent from the previous 25 percent or more. Also, there are less wheats in the rolls as well. Does anyone have any experience with Dunbar?
Merwanseth
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Dunbar Rolls And Boxes?

Postby Morsecode » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 pm

We have a large Dunbar facility nearby, but none of my banks use them. Not exactly sure why; I know they process large amounts of coin at that location.

Dunbar can't be doing their own sorting or you'd be seeing a lot less than 22%. Perhaps the one batch you got contained an unusually large mix of recently purchased Treasury coin. More sampling is in order.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Snake42 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:41 am

One of my banks uses them and they seem to have the same % for me as all the other companies.
Snake42
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:15 pm

There are guys here that would kill for 22%. Maybe your percentages are down cause you already pulled all the copper from your area. Dunbar is one of the major coin processors. Their percentages should roughly average the same as any other processor in your area.. depending on where they source their coin from. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing