copper rounds

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

copper rounds

Postby myfundsarelow » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:33 pm

some info to read , westminster mint.com has new copper rounds for sale they come in 100 oz size box also larger size boxs only 2 dollars for each 1 oz roundplus shipping that comes out at over $32.00 pr pound useing the avoir, 16)Z to the pound i will stick to silver and copper cents what say you all about this deal PEACE!! 8-) 8-)
myfundsarelow
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: copper rounds

Postby timmus0382 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm

I'll grab some just to have them for Sn'geez
Name me one investment where you gain at least 50% the second you purchase it and never have a chance to lose the initial investment.
timmus0382
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Pennybug » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I had asked a similar question earlier here about the copper kilo bars selling on feebay. MOST everyone agrees that these items are novelty items and don't serve for any investment purposes. You will find the occasional seller here that would argue this point... but the MAJORITY rules that they are simply a novelty item. I wouldn't mind having a roll of Lakotas or something like these... but I don't see them as anything but a conversation/education piece. IF their melt value ever exceeds their purchase price (IE... they become a store of wealth)... we have a lot more serious issues at hand and the only precious metals I will be getting will be lead and brass (with a little copper to top it off). :evil: .
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby Whinstone » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:35 am

Copper 1oz rounds and kilos may not serve to be real good investments for now. But if you looked at it as to be passed on to your children. I think it can be an investment. It will just take time. Most of the bullion have dates and after 80 years they would be considered old. Plus if our economy fails. They can be used as money or to barter with
Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you. You will only double trouble and trouble others too.........anonymous
Whinstone
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing