Will and Kate

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Will and Kate

Postby Copper » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:00 pm

While watching a replay of the Royal wedding, and openning rolls of cents, I came across a 1932 George V and could not help but remember some ugly history. Anyway, as a Canadian I would like to wish William and Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge all the best and a happy mariage!
Last edited by Copper on Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copper

Re: Will and Kate

Postby andrewjackson » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:02 am

8-)
Oh yes, we the sheeple sure do need a fairy tale distraction. global economic crisis, wars in the middle east, multiple natural disasters, inflation, It is comforting to know that the German aires of the British crown are at peace with their monarchy. I just pray that the new bride does not have the same fate as Diana, as I recall she was divorcing Charles for an Egyptian, and was going to convert to Islam. And the fairy tale ended due to her tragic homicide /accident. The media is playing psychological warfare. THE ANSWER TO 1984 IS 1776. :D
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Corsair » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:41 am

I thought it was beautiful. Thousands of years of tradition. Who cares if it doesn't matter anymore? It's still tradition.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby eric273 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:11 pm

You spelt marriage wrong. LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I like cheese !
eric273

Postby Neckro » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:16 pm

I find it utter bull[excrement] how the Queen has billions, but forced the tax payers to pay for that crap fest of a spectacle.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Somnophore » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Point of order, the queen does not have billions it's £350 million according to Forbes rich list. And most taxpayers I know were happy to have their taxes pay for the wedding if only for the extra public holiday.lol
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Kurr » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Why do we even have royals anymore?

What's the point?

Do they have any power left? Does the queen DO anything? I mean other than just BE?
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Somnophore » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Technically the prerogative executive powers are devolved to the prime minister, but the queen is the official head of state, and yes she does a lot, you should see the schedule of public events and state visits etc she has to do. And she's 85 where most people would be retired, I wouldn't want to do it, no privacy no freedom expected to be busy working for the state til you die, would want that despite all the money. Most of the royal family money is from their own historical assets etc, I think they do a lot for britain and are good value for money. It's nice to have some stability in public figures to offset the ever changing politicians.
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Postby gojomoso » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Copper wrote:While watching a replay of the Royal wedding, and openning rolls of cents, I came across a 1932 George V and could not help but remember some ugly history. Anyway, as a Canadian I would like to wish William and Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge all the best and a happy marrage!

"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Roadrunner » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:09 pm

YES! Totally love that movie!
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Corsair wrote:I thought it was beautiful. Thousands of years of tradition. Who cares if it doesn't matter anymore? It's still tradition.

I care. They use my taxes to pay for this crap. I dread to think how many years worth of nurses salaries where wasted on that wedding.

As for the assertion that the Royal Family's money is largely from thier historical assets, well a) they wouldn't have so much money if the government didn't allocate them a shedload every year to pay for their "upkeep", and b) where do you think they got their historical assets from anyway?!

Yes, it brings in tourism, but I bet we'd make a damn site more cash if we turfed out the monarchy and gave better tours of the palaces etc. Or even better, convert the lot into affordable housing flats for key workers.
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Number21 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:31 am

As an American, I would like to wish them the biggest "I don't give a f***" that I can possibly deliver. The british monarchy is so stupid that it make me sick...even though it has absolutely no effect what so ever on my own life.

Can somebody actually explain what the prince's "job" is other than being "prince" and waiting to be a fake king? I understand the queen makes appearances (BFD), but what the hell has William ever done? If anybody else were his parents we'd all consider him a lazy rich boy with mommies money and big ears....

Just imagine if the president of the US got married, and put on such a party at taxpayer expense. He'd be lynched!
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby GA-Silver » Sun May 01, 2011 9:41 am

Remember the Spirit of '76! Down with the Queen!
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby psi » Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 am

They may seem like dinosaurs now but just wait, serfdom in service to the 'lord of the land' is on the way back in...
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Mon May 02, 2011 7:43 am

Number21 wrote:As an American, I would like to wish them the biggest "I don't give a f***" that I can possibly deliver. The british monarchy is so stupid that it make me sick...even though it has absolutely no effect what so ever on my own life.

Can somebody actually explain what the prince's "job" is other than being "prince" and waiting to be a fake king? I understand the queen makes appearances (BFD), but what the hell has William ever done? If anybody else were his parents we'd all consider him a lazy rich boy with mommies money and big ears....

Just imagine if the president of the US got married, and put on such a party at taxpayer expense. He'd be lynched!

His job is as an Air/Sea rescue chopper pilot with the RAF. Just sayin'.

Interesting to note they got married on the same day Hitler married Eva Braun.
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby whatsnext » Mon May 02, 2011 7:48 am

Hey you -chaps- get back to work.

I bought a 1992 kookaburra this weekend, a wonderful coin until you flip it over and see that -ladys- -facial features-. I always wondered about the liberty on American coins(thinking it was pagan tradition) but after you line up Canadian, Bristish and Austrailian/NZ money with an ASE you see the difference and meaning.

PC edit
Last edited by whatsnext on Mon May 02, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon May 02, 2011 8:43 am

it was touching that they married on Hitler's wedding anniversary rather than the traditional Saturday.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby GA-Silver » Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Hell, his uncle (or great uncle?) Was an admirer of Adolf......
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby Number21 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Devil Soundwave wrote:His job is as an Air/Sea rescue chopper pilot with the RAF. Just sayin'.

That's his hobby. What does he actually do in service to the British people that he deserves so much of their money? I don't know how much a "normal" air force pilot makes, but I'm guessing he makes about ten billion times more....
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 02, 2011 8:27 pm

I find the hatred of many of the Brits for their royal family sadly interesting, and it so often revolves around the money and attention. Frankly I wouldn't take any amount of money or attention to trade places with the royals. They are like animal pets in a cage, trapped, unable to do anything but pace back and forth. Would not take all the money in the world for that. I value my freedom, limited though it be, far more than that.

I wish William and Kate all the happiness they can find in what I find to be a very difficult existence.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Copper » Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 pm

68Camaro wrote:I find the hatred of many of the Brits for their royal family sadly interesting, and it so often revolves around the money and attention. Frankly I wouldn't take any amount of money or attention to trade places with the royals. They are like animal pets in a cage, trapped, unable to do anything but pace back and forth. Would not take all the money in the world for that. I value my freedom, limited though it be, far more than that.

I wish William and Kate all the happiness they can find in what I find to be a very difficult existence.

very true, thanks for helping me make my point :)
Copper

Postby Number21 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:28 am

68Camaro wrote:They are like animal pets in a cage, trapped, unable to do anything but pace back and forth. Would not take all the money in the world for that.

That's funny, because it seems like William and Harry do whatever the hell they want to do. Kate Middleton just chose to become part of that as well. I'm sure they wouldn't trade their money to be in your place, either...
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue May 03, 2011 5:39 am

Number21 wrote:
68Camaro wrote:They are like animal pets in a cage, trapped, unable to do anything but pace back and forth. Would not take all the money in the world for that.

That's funny, because it seems like William and Harry do whatever the hell they want to do. Kate Middleton just chose to become part of that as well. I'm sure they wouldn't trade their money to be in your place, either...

The young males of the species are given a larger cage for a time. It shrinks as they grow older; regardless, they are still caged. And caged animals rarely are able to adapt to the wild if set free; I'm sure they couldn't live in my world. Kate is either truly in love, which if so I hope is able to sustain her through difficult times, or starry-eyed, drawn like a moth to a flame (in which case it won't end well).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby whatsnext » Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 am

68Camaro wrote:I find the hatred of many of the Brits for their royal family sadly interesting, and it so often revolves around the money and attention. Frankly I wouldn't take any amount of money or attention to trade places with the royals. They are like animal pets in a cage, trapped, unable to do anything but pace back and forth. Would not take all the money in the world for that. I value my freedom, limited though it be, far more than that.

Those poor people got it rough, generational curse I guess. With the yats, jets, luxury realestate, control, piles of money, immunity to the law, private armies to protect their wealth for those they steal from. The curse of being an elite of elites is something only the best humanity has to offer can bare.

They are so poor the need giagantic welfare checks to say afloat. They are so caged they hop across the world a whim. They need all of our addoration just to keep off the trying edge their life puts them on. I

I'm so free I can do more and be happy right at home. I wish we all could go back under their loving thumb just to make them smile if only a second.
God save the Queen. I <3 the Queen mother so much

Signed
Loving nameless vassel
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue May 03, 2011 10:25 am

No, please... don't hold back... Tell us how you really feel. ;)
68Camaro

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing