Is Bank of America in trouble?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Is Bank of America in trouble?

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue May 03, 2011 4:18 pm

I am getting a bad vibe from my local BOA branch lately. They went from cheerful, friendly interaction to kind of chilly environment to stop in for a coin pick-up. I probably will stop going as I just do not feel welcome by them and I do not know what is going on. I used to bring them chocolate all the time too. Based upon some stuff going on with banks in general, I almost believe the SHTF with their company is what is being felt by the employees.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Is Bank of America in trouble?

Postby biglouddrunk » Tue May 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Don't worry if they are in trouble we'll bail them out.
biglouddrunk
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue May 03, 2011 4:44 pm

biglouddrunk wrote:Don't worry if they are in trouble we'll bail them out.

LOL. I should of told them that as they looked at me long in their faces.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby inflationhawk » Tue May 03, 2011 4:52 pm

I wouldn't take the actions of one branch to be reflective of anything other than the mood of that branch. If you had the same experience at 10 different branches that might be more indicative. Anything could have happened at that one branch that could be specific to them and completely unrelated to the bank's condition as a whole.

LOL on the bail out comment! So true, nothing to worry about.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby highroller4321 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:03 pm

It could be something as simple as a new manger who isn't getting along with everyone.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby ibeakc » Tue May 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi every one!! Im new around here, but am a sorter out of saint louis, MO. I have been picking up $400 a week from my local BOA and last week they told me that they MIGHT be able to order for this week. I will find out tomorrow if they did. It was last Friday when I got the whole different attitude. No new manager, no bad attitudes, just a maybe instead of OK. I dont buy chocolates but do buy lunches and know these ladies. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
ibeakc

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue May 03, 2011 5:16 pm

highroller4321 wrote:It could be something as simple as a new manger who isn't getting along with everyone.

Maybe. However no new personnel at the branch that I can see unless maybe they have a new regional boss. It's a shame. No more chocolate for them I suppose.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Computer Jones » Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 pm

I saw 2 branches of BOA change a few weeks ago. They are in different towns about 60 miles apart.
No more boxes of Halves and no more CWR's sold over the counter.
The vault teller that I have a pretty good relationship with at one of the branches said something about a "new policy".
I plan to try them again in June to see if thing have loosened up any.
Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Tue May 03, 2011 11:28 pm

The last time I did any business with BOA was five years ago; they asked for two id's and a thumbprint to cash a $25 check.

Thankfully, they have only a minor presence here. I wouldn't go back to them now if they were giving away four-dollar bills.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HPMBTT » Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 am

Hey...if any bank is giving out four dollar bills, then they are worth going back to.....I don't have one of those yet; think of how rare they would be! :)
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Number21 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:13 am

Hmmm...whether I feel "welcome" or not is really never a thought I've had at the bank...I'm just another customer there to do business like everyone else. If they don't like it, they're the weird ones. It's their job to hand out money in every form! If it is somehow an issue getting coins from the bank (unless they've just run out) I'm not afraid to make a public scene about how stupid they are.

Fortunately all the banks I've been to don't really act as if pennies are different than any other money....

Kinda like when I hear about a mail man getting mad because of the weight of a 70# flat rate box. That's what the post office pays you for, jackass....
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 am

I'll check with the vault teller at my local BofA this weekend. She will tell me if there are any new policies. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby ibeakc » Tue May 10, 2011 10:18 am

I had no issues with last weeks order. Dropped a lunch gift card yesterday and she said we were good for this week too. I asked if she had a roll or two of halves I could get, she had none, but offered to order those for me also if i wanted :D . Next week will be my first combined currency pickup.
ibeakc

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing