Finally

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Finally

Postby biglouddrunk » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Well as I'm approaching one million pennies hand sorted I finally found my first wild IH. It's a 1891 in average condition. I got it in a CWR. I did not bother scanning it because it's a pretty plain looking IH. When you add this to the George V and the steely I recently found I am close to having gotten all of the basic finds in this hobby. The next thing I'm hoping to get is a silver dime, oh and a box of uncirculated pennies from the mint.
biglouddrunk
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Finally

Postby merchoarder » Mon May 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Awesome find!! Congrats, I've yet to find one but I'm not even close to one million searched. Keep on searching! Congrats!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Chief » Tue May 17, 2011 12:10 am

Wow, a million pennies until your first IH. That is perseverance. Once you find one, it is only a matter of time until you find more. BTW I've found 2 in less than $6000, but neither was a pre-1900. Cool find, chief.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat May 21, 2011 10:04 am

Welcome to the Indian club. Don't worry, the rest of his tribe will soon follow. And about those silver dimes in the penny bags, I average a couple a year. A week or so ago I got two in one bag. I posted about it somewhere on here. Keep looking, there are more out there!

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing