Newbie here in NC

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Newbie here in NC

Postby Wheathead Saver » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:11 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board but have been hand sorting and hoarding for a year now...I have about $700.00 hoarded....and I ain't selling. Have enjoyed this board very much over the past year and I look foward to some great discussion. You guys are knowledgable, insightful and alot of fun to read your posts. Have a wife and kids so sorting is done in spare time, usually at night after the family goes to sleep. Anyone else from NC? I average about 21% per box here. Not knockin it out of the park, but every now and then come across some great finds.
Wheathead Saver

Re: Newbie here in NC

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:18 am

Hi WS, and welcome to the board. Are you hand-sorting? Lately I have been getting some sorting help from one of my sons, soon to be graduating from high school. It's a good time to discuss...life.

Best of luck in your hunting,
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Wheathead Saver » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:30 am

Hi Shinnosuke! Yes I am hand sorting...and really enjoy it. Wife got on to me about drinking so have laid off the beer and piled into pennies. Have to admit, the hand sorting is as fun as a good beer buzz. Hard to tell what would happen if I mixed the beer with the sorting. Might end up trying to sort the beer cans.
Wheathead Saver

Postby slickeast » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am

Welcome, there are several members from NC. There are even a few SC members as well.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:59 am

Wheathead Saver wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new to this board but have been hand sorting and hoarding for a year now...I have about $700.00 hoarded....and I ain't selling. Have enjoyed this board very much over the past year and I look foward to some great discussion. You guys are knowledgable, insightful and alot of fun to read your posts. Have a wife and kids so sorting is done in spare time, usually at night after the family goes to sleep. Anyone else from NC? I average about 21% per box here. Not knockin it out of the park, but every now and then come across some great finds.

Welcome to the fun, I'm in eastern NC and there is plenty of pennies to be had by all. :D
If you really want to step it up you need to try the Ryedale. http://www.ryedalecoin.com/

It is a sweet but penny hungry machine! ;)
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 am

Wheathead Saver wrote:Hi Shinnosuke! Yes I am hand sorting...and really enjoy it. Wife got on to me about drinking so have laid off the beer and piled into pennies. Have to admit, the hand sorting is as fun as a good beer buzz. Hard to tell what would happen if I mixed the beer with the sorting. Might end up trying to sort the beer cans.

HAHAHA. I admire your fortitude! Pennies instead of beer indeed. Just think...if the entire adult population of the United States would give up a little pleasure like that once a week and sort an equivalent dollar amount of pennies...

Like one of the big guys here always says...just sort more.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:58 am

Wheathead Saver wrote:Hi Shinnosuke! Yes I am hand sorting...and really enjoy it. Wife got on to me about drinking so have laid off the beer and piled into pennies. Have to admit, the hand sorting is as fun as a good beer buzz. Hard to tell what would happen if I mixed the beer with the sorting. Might end up trying to sort the beer cans.

tried that once.....Human error went through the roof.....had to resort the whole batch later.

Welcome aboard. RC has a wealth of knowledge.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Corsair » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:02 pm

I have enough trouble trying to sort and drink a cherry Pepsi at the same time.

Welcome to Realcent, you'll love it.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Verbane » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Welcome! I'm in the Piedmont. Where are you? 21% for bank boxes is pretty close.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby daviscfad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 pm

I am also in nc. Welcome to the forum
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Centsation » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Welcome to the board! Consider yourself fortunate with a 21% copper ratio. Out here in Utah, I'm only averaging 18%. I get jealous when members on here say that they're finding boxes with 20-35%. My best box to date has only been 22%! Happy sorting ;)
Centsation

Postby John_doe » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Cool, welcome to the board! 21% isn't too bad at all.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby adagirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Welcome to realcent. Here in GA I am doing good if I hit 14%. 21% is excellent
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing