68% copper box

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

68% copper box

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Cashed a check at a bank I don't normally visit today. They asked how I wanted the $1000. I said in pennies if they had it. Had to say it three times before they realized I wasn't joking. They only had $50. I told them I searched for wheats. They told me they had another member who did that. I took the two boxes and left.

When I got home I realized one of the boxes they gave me was all paper rolls from customers. Not a single wheat penny. I don't know if they gave it to me as a joke or not knowing this, but the box was exactly 68% copper pennies. Works for me. My normal is about 18%
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 68% copper box

Postby adagirl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Wow! That is a phenomenal find! I'm still holding my average range of 10 - 14% in GA. Persistence pays off. The bank gets a kick out of me ordering $200 in pennies, and the patrons apparently receive entertainment from watching me haul off my load. Most it seems are looking in amazement like what is that dude going to do with all those pennies.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 pm

That's a hand sorter's dream box!

NICE!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 am

I always seem to get more copper and less wheats in cwr's. Bank bags usually run 25% or so copper and about 25 wheats
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby merchoarder » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Sweet box! I'm guessing that was a nice change from the 2011's :lol:
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes. Oh yes. I'm still trying to rid of those. got about 25 boxes of em still. made about $75 off them so far but it's just not worth it.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm

avidbrandy wrote:Cashed a check at a bank I don't normally visit today. They asked how I wanted the $1000. I said in pennies if they had it. Had to say it three times before they realized I wasn't joking.

I want to know how you cash a check at a bank you don't normally visit. I assume it is just a different branch of a bank you already have an account with.

I did the same thing Friday afternoon. When she asked how I wanted the thousand, I said "in pennies" She says, "that would be really heavy" I tell her "I can go get my cart out of the if you have more than $200" Then she admits she doesn't actually have any.

Great haul on those CWR's.. and easy to open too! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:48 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
avidbrandy wrote:Cashed a check at a bank I don't normally visit today. They asked how I wanted the $1000. I said in pennies if they had it. Had to say it three times before they realized I wasn't joking.

I want to know how you cash a check at a bank you don't normally visit. I assume it is just a different branch of a bank you already have an account with.

I did the same thing Friday afternoon. When she asked how I wanted the thousand, I said "in pennies" She says, "that would be really heavy" I tell her "I can go get my cart out of the if you have more than $200" Then she admits she doesn't actually have any.

Great haul on those CWR's.. and easy to open too! :mrgreen:

No I was cashing I check I'd gotten from someone and went to the bank their account was with rather than go to my bank and wait for the money to clear. I don't have an account with them.

What kind of cart do you use?
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing