bank ratio

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

bank ratio

Postby kwebb70 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:14 am

Is there a key ratio for buy/dump banks, like 2 dump banks for every 1 buy?
kwebb70
Penny Pincher Member

Re: bank ratio

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:36 am

I have lots more buy banks than dump banks. I usually only pick up 2 or 3 boxes when I buy though. I'm trying to keep a low profile as much as possible and spread out my purchases. I think my dump bank has figured me out though, but I'm starting to think they don't mind too much and are getting used to me. I use multiple branches to dump so I don't overload any one. And I periodically bring donuts to some of my frequent stops (pick up or dump).
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:47 am

I have @ 8-10 buy banks and 3-4 dump banks.
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby kwebb70 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Huh, more buys than dumps, I thougth it would be 2:1 dump to buy. So it is easier to dump than buy?
kwebb70
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I pick up from 10 banks and dump at one. Why sully a good source of supply?
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:57 pm

kwebb70 wrote:Huh, more buys than dumps, I thougth it would be 2:1 dump to buy. So it is easier to dump than buy?

Yep, my dump bank has about 4 or 5 different branches I use. And it is easier to dump than pick up provided the bank has a self service coin counter. I try not to visit any one branch more than twice in a week, and typically I keep it to one visit per week. Moderation is the key to this game in my view...keep the volume reasonable and consistency high and over time you'll accumulate a good stash. It's the weekend warriors that try to suddenly do high volume at single banks that could potentially screw things up for everyone.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 pm

What is the avg $ dumped ?
I normally do about $75 a trip
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby gojomoso » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm

aev wrote:What is the avg $ dumped ?
I normally do about $75 a trip

i pushed it to about $180 each time, (I dont have to count before i dump so i put about $60 in each bag=3 bags)
---------------------------
do you have to be a member at the 10 banks you pick up from? cause that seems like a lot of accounts
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Morsecode » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 pm

+1 Everything Inflationhawk said. Stay under the radar as much as possible. Personally, I won't carry more than one dump bag ($50-$70) into any one branch on the same day. Rather be met with smiles than scowls.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:01 pm

If you have a truly good dump bank, you can dump quite a bit quite often. I have no problem dumping at one particular branch as long as I keep it under $1000 per visit. I'm on very nice terms with them, and I buy everyone working there a drink while they count my coins. The individual workers ask me to come in on the weekends that they are working because they really like the drink. No not alcohol, hehe.

My other dump branches I keep to $300-400 maximum, but they get nothing, hehe.

I have more pickup banks/branches than dump banks/branches.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby pennypicker » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:39 pm

NotABigDeal wrote: I have no problem dumping at one particular branch as long as I keep it under $1000 per visit.

I get nervous just bringing in a $50 dump bag. I feel my heart rate and respiration go up and I get the feeling everyone is staring at me and my bag of pennies....seriously. :?
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby gojomoso » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 pm

pennypicker wrote:
NotABigDeal wrote: I have no problem dumping at one particular branch as long as I keep it under $1000 per visit.

I get nervous just bringing in a $50 dump bag. I feel my heart rate and respiration go up and I get the feeling everyone is staring at me and my bag of pennies....seriously. :?

i feel the same way
defiantly cannot be bashful when doing this hobby (job???) :lol:
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby slickeast » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:26 pm

For me I have more places to buy from than to dump at. You can buy at almost any bank. Even if its just one box or the CWR's. I dump at about 5 different banks with lobby machines. Before they started the $300 a day limit I would roll 3 kitty litter buckets in with $275 + in each and start dumping. I don't care who looks, I am there to do what I need to do.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby goldteam » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:42 am

I opened an account with wells fargo about 6 months back. I told them I sort pennies and I want to bring in large quantities. I told them the only reason I was opening an account would be to drop off a ton of pennies at a time. I always deposit the money in a savings account and never ask for cash. If I withdraw money I always do it at another bank.

They agreed and even have a person or two want to come out to my car and help me bring the coins in.

I will take anywhere from 1000 to 1500 dollars worth on a good day. They have no problem with it and in some weird way, seem to be glad to see me. I have to sit about 25 minutes in one of their back chairs though as it takes a while to run them through the counter.

As soon as I'm done with the counting, I then run to the other 3 wells fargo banks and buy some boxes. It's kind of a viscious cycle.
goldteam

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing