*****UPDATE! Your time is limited to be able to Hoard!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

*****UPDATE! Your time is limited to be able to Hoard!

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Heres an article I had passed along to me. It was published in a popular polish magazine. Its spans one full page and half of another. The title is "Save your Nickels" It goes on to say how Pennies and nickels are worth more melt than face, how its illegal, the possible fines, junk silver........Im not going to translate the whole thing but definitely an item of interest to this forum. The part on the pennies in quotes says "you can quickly become a millionaire!"
Last edited by TXBullion on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Reality Check! Your time is limited to be able to Hoard!

Postby Corsair » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm

If it's a Polish paper, why do they use pictures of American coins? I'd let a few Archie Bunkerisms slip, but that wouldn't be nice.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Corsair wrote:If it's a Polish paper, why do they use pictures of American coins? I'd let a few Archie Bunkerisms slip, but that wouldn't be nice.

Its a really popular magazine for polish people in america.I believe there is a different version in Poland so this one would be specific to america. I know there aren't so many in other areas, but in Chicago, there are a lot of Polish people!
TXBullion

Postby Thogey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey Jack,

I'm Polish too. My grandma was born in Warsaw.

Am I still qualified to laugh at, and relay polish jokes? It was OK when I was a kid in the 70's.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Thogey wrote:Hey Jack,

I'm Polish too. My grandma was born in Warsaw.

Am I still qualified to laugh at, and relay polish jokes? It was OK when I was a kid in the 70's.

Im sure you could. I know too many smart Polish people so I laugh at the people who make the jokes since they are the funny ones ;)
TXBullion

Postby merchoarder » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Western New York has a sizable Polish population. As far as I'm concerned, if you can spell and/or pronounce those last names, your plenty smart enough! :lol: About this part "you can quickly become a millionaire!" Did I miss something? I'm not sure it's that quick or easy...
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby adagirl » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 pm

I agree that time is limited to hoard. I just received my Ryedale and fear I might run out of time to get the return on my investment....so hoard and hoard more until the plug is pulled.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:57 am

merchoarder wrote:Western New York has a sizable Polish population. As far as I'm concerned, if you can spell and/or pronounce those last names, your plenty smart enough! :lol: About this part "you can quickly become a millionaire!" Did I miss something? I'm not sure it's that quick or easy...

one million pennies can be had for 10,000.00
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 am

merchoarder wrote:Western New York has a sizable Polish population. As far as I'm concerned, if you can spell and/or pronounce those last names, your plenty smart enough! :lol: About this part "you can quickly become a millionaire!" Did I miss something? I'm not sure it's that quick or easy...

As quick as you can buy and sort 666,666 dollars worth of copper pennies and then sell them on eBay or other means...how long does that take HCBTT? :) :?:
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:54 am

inflationhawk wrote:As quick as you can buy and sort 666,666 dollars worth of copper pennies and then sell them on eBay or other means...how long does that take HCBTT? :) :?:

Hoard calls that a 3 day weekend. :lol:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 am

inflationhawk wrote:As quick as you can buy and sort 666,666 dollars worth of copper pennies [...]

The end of hoarding is nigh at hand brothers. Behold, we have received a sign. Prepare yourselves for the next sign… the seven Ryedale of the Pennypocolypse.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Doctor Steuss wrote:
inflationhawk wrote:As quick as you can buy and sort 666,666 dollars worth of copper pennies [...]

The end of hoarding is nigh at hand brothers. Behold, we have received a sign. Prepare yourselves for the next sign… the seven Ryedale of the Pennypocolypse.

Dude, you're hilarious! You must be great to hang out with.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:53 pm

shinnosuke wrote:You must be great to hang out with.

I can't really speak for others, but I generally enjoy my company.

:D

(Thank you for the compliment, BTW.)
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:33 pm

My polish reading isnt that great and I overlooked this . Check the second column at the very top, anything look familiar!!!!!!!!

TXBullion

Re: *****UPDATE! Your time is limited to be able to Hoard!

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:15 pm

WhooHoo.. I can quickly become a millionare! I am already a billionare.. in Zimbabwe dollars. How much is the fiat dollar equivalent of a million zlotney? Darn, I never get a 3 day weekend. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Polish people can read? I always just assumed Thogey had one of those programs that read the on-screen text aloud for you. :P
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:54 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:Polish people can read? I always just assumed Thogey had one of those programs that read the on-screen text aloud for you. :P

:lol:

Thogey walked in to a pizza place and ordered a pizza. The pizza man asked him, "Should I cut it into six pieces or eight?". Thogey answered, "Cut it into six; I couldn't eat eight."
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rosco » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
AGgressive Metal wrote:Polish people can read? I always just assumed Thogey had one of those programs that read the on-screen text aloud for you. :P

Thogey walked in to a pizza place and ordered a pizza. The pizza man asked him, "Should I cut it into six pieces or eight?". Thogey answered, "Cut it into six; I couldn't eat eight."

:o Florida is going to Sink an West Virginia will slide and we will call you all Crackers :lol:

Another Polock heard from :oops:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Mooski » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Hey - I'm Polish on my father's side...

So if you have any Polack jokes - tell them to me real slow!

:D
Mooski
Penny Pincher Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:

I think I remember reading that as a quote by Babe Ruth
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:42 pm

It's a Yogi Berra line.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 pm

ed_vantage17 wrote:It's a Yogi Berra line.

You are right

Its a Yogism, I remember now where I read it... Im Canadian so baseball isnt my sport
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:

That's a great idea!. Those bastards always hand me more than I can eat.

I always loved pollack Thogey jokes.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 pm

My small engine man sold me a Stil chain saw. He said I could cut 4 cords a day with it.

The saw was a piece of s@!#. I could only get through 1 cord a day.

When I brought it back and complained it didn't meet standards, the guy pulled a string and it smoked, the chain started spinning around the edge and roared like a big sausage grinder. I asked " What's that noise?"
Thogey

Postby merchoarder » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Too funny man! Had a rough day, but I knew you guys could cheer me up and make me laugh! Thanks Thogey :lol:
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing