Buying pennies with plastic?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Buying pennies with plastic?

Postby Number21 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 pm

I got to thinking last night. I, like many others here I'm sure, get 1.5% cash back when I buy things with my PayPal debit card. No catches, they just dump the money into my account that month. Almost a dollar sometimes! :lol:

I wonder if there is any way to aquire pennies using my paypal debit card as the source of funds? Anybody have any thoughts on that? I already plan on ordering some of the dollar coins from the mint @ face value with the paypal card, getting pennies would be amazing! As it is now I either withdraw funds from a bank account or exchange cash for my cents...
"I wouldn't give nickel for another buck"
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Buying pennies with plastic?

Postby WizardTN » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:57 am

Soooo..... you want to get your bricks from the bank with your card? Hmmmmm... interesting concept. BTW the cash back is now 1%
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 am

You aren't going to be able to buy unsorted coins from a bank with a credit card. You can however put presorted copper on my website with your card :D
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Number21 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:17 pm

WizardTN wrote:Soooo..... you want to get your bricks from the bank with your card? Hmmmmm... interesting concept. BTW the cash back is now 1%

Not for me it isn't. ;)
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby WizardTN » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:03 am

OK....here's the plan. Buy all the 1.5x or less you can on feebay with the card. add in the 2%ebay bucks and the cash back. That gives you 3.5% total back. No sorting. Just check for wheats etc.
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Number21 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 am

WizardTN wrote:OK....here's the plan. Buy all the 1.5x or less you can on feebay with the card. add in the 2%ebay bucks and the cash back. That gives you 3.5% total back. No sorting. Just check for wheats etc.

That would be fantastic...except I can only get the 1.5% back if I use the debit card as a credit card, not with ebay-paypal payments. :(

I never thought about buying coppers and getting the ebay bucks and other rebates though....
Number21
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing