Nearly skunked...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Nearly skunked...

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 am

I went through a box yesterday that had mostly machine rolls, but also about a dozen hand rolls. These were all mixed coins, not solid 2010s or something like that. Yet somehow there were only about 10 coppers and one Canadian copper in the whole box! How is this possible? Do you think I got someone's discard box? It was Brinks box, but like I said it wasn't 100% machine-wrapped rolls.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Re: Nearly skunked...

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Well, like I been a sayin, I think somethun's up. (I know a number of people have been quick to say I was crazy, but I think it's starting to show evidence.) While there will be flucuations for a long period of time, I think the copper supply is starting to trend down, and we're at the point now where some people are starting to see near skunks, every once in awhile. (And it's probably regionally dependent.) Recall a few weeks ago that I posted that I had been many weeks without seeing any copper in any change. Well, that bad streak did end, and I have picked up a few coppers in my change since, but the number still seem down here locallly, and I still believe that was limited objective evidence of the same trend, which a few have commented on.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 pm

The box must've been opened and later re-sealed. Brinks would not put cwr's in their sealed containers.

Likely a teller needing a few rolls of cents opened the box, and later replaced them with whatever was handy to fill out the roll count, making the nightly vault count easier.

But you didn't say whether the box was as originally glue sealed or just taped. If glue sealed then I don't know...never heard of branches doing that.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Like he says, if it was a sealed box that's one thing. I'm guessing it wasn't. So possible (despite my theory that we're in the end times :) ) that someone was simply weighing rolls and not bothering to open rolls that were all or mostly zinc, and then just did a return to the bank like that. Sucks for you man.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing