Good things come in small packages

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Good things come in small packages

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 pm

So I go down to the 11-7 convenience store (not a joke, it's 11-7), which by the way is right next door to a 7-11 (also not a joke)...and the guy asks if I want some rolled cents. He's digging around under the counter for about a minute, and I'm thinking he must have quite a stash - then he pops up with 12 rolls :?

Having brought just enough cash for cigars and ice cream I do the only sensible thing and purchase a $10 instant scratch lottery ticket...which yields a $50 winner. Sweet.

I get the rolls home and go to work on them. Surprised to find a nearly BU '51, and in the next to last roll a super clean '72 DDO8 :mrgreen:

Nicer specimen than the one barrytrot just had graded for me, and my third since Spring. Here's a much better picture than I can take with the Samsung phone:

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/doub ... 2ddo8.html
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Good things come in small packages

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 am

I'd still like to the pic...I've looked at 1000's and have yet to find any of the 1972 DDO's!

I nailed me a 1982 DDO....but not this one or any of the 72's yet.

Good eye!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:40 am

Mystifies me that people are willing to pay more for defects, but more power to 'em...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Morsecode wrote:So I go down to the 11-7 convenience store (not a joke, it's 11-7), which by the way is right next door to a 7-11 (also not a joke)...

I am surprised that the guy with the 11-7 was not sued by 7 Eleven. Years ago in Raleigh, NC there was a 7 Even convenience store that was sued by 7 Eleven, and in Syracuse , NY there used to be a Federal Espresso coffee shop that was sued by Fedex. Maybe 11-7 does not sound like 7 Eleven ?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Coppergames » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Morsecode wrote:Having brought just enough cash for cigars and ice cream I do the only sensible thing and purchase a $10 instant scratch lottery ticket...which yields a $50 winner. Sweet.

Dang! That would make my day right there!
Got lots of stuff on sale, Stranga!
Coppergames

Postby abe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Thats a great find, only 72's I come up with have machine doubling.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:40 am

Trying to balance a 16x loupe against the cell phone lens :P

Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing