Seagrams bottle estate sale score

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Seagrams bottle estate sale score

Postby cuag » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:27 pm

So I scoped out an estate sale's pictures online for this weekend that had a picture of a Seagram's bottle full of pennies. I went to the sale the first day and they wanted $12 for it, I could not see any wheats or IHC, but they all looked pre-'82, I made some good scores and decided maybe I would come back the 2nd day for 1/2 off everything. I went back today and I didn't see it at first, but then located it and snagged it for $6. The lady said something about it being a rare bottle or something of the sort, I didn't mention why I was really getting it. After discussing bets among family members about the estimated # of pennies, I counted them out: $9.25 face in pre-82 pennies (not a single 1982), 1 1989 penny, and 4 40s-50s wheats. I looked up the bottle on ebay, doesn't look like anything special so it will probably be recycled. As a sociological study, owner had passed away, and from the look of his belongings, looked like he had been a Marine in WW2 or Korea and was a Democrat. Beats sorting 2 bricks, but I was hoping there would be a roll of silver dimes down the middle!
cuag

Re: Seagrams bottle estate sale score

Postby thaler » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:08 pm

your patience paid off...good deal
thaler
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing