Damn Hurricane! Made me move my hoard.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Damn Hurricane! Made me move my hoard.

Postby Henchman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Haha stupid Irene. My house is on a bay up on pilings but my garage is on the ground and that's were I keep my hoard in . I been sorting none stop and been dumping them in 20 gallon totes to eventually sift through for wheats, uglies etc. I been meaning to get some new 32 gallon garbage cans for long term storage but grrrr kept putting it off. So in my worried state after all the other necessities were done I transferred all my hoard into 3 "used" garbage cans :o Haha I hope a triple Hefty bag lining will keep the stink off them. :roll:

Wish us luck tomorrow and goodluck to everyone on the east coast.

Cheers,
Henchman
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Damn Hurricane! Made me move my hoard.

Postby GTOJohn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:42 am

yes, good luck to you - and also to everyone affected by Irene !!!
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby tinhorn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:02 pm

I spent ALL day yesterday hauling little boats out of the water, lashing everything down, and cutting boards to cover the windows. Then last night I saw that we're expecting--not a hurricane--only a tropical storm. This morning I hear that it's been downgraded again to a Nor'easter (which is just a good wind, but since New Englanders think they're the only ones who have weather, they gave it a fancy name). Tomorrow I fully expect a gentle summer breeze with enough rain to fill the birdbath so that I won't have to.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby daviscfad » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:35 pm

we are feeling it now and have been for the past 7 hr.s its not to bad but i am at 95 and virgina border.
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby martykatz01 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:58 pm

yea i have a brother in springfield, VA. hes never been anywhere near a hurricane. should be interesting
martykatz01

Postby bman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm in Calvert county Maryland and the wind and rain are here now. The power is out but I'm running my generator, hopefully the power will come back on before I use the 15 gallons of gas I bought before the storm... no damage here yet that I know of but I did hear either a tree or large limb break and hit the ground close by, I'm surrounded by tall trees and we're hoping none of them fall on the house! :shock:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Oakair » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Good luck to all facing her...

But man did she send some good surf my way ;) Best summer surfing Ive ever seen...12'+ waves, no jellyfish, and nary a rip-current
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing