New member from FL

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

New member from FL

Postby Greatwun » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Hey guys, new member to the boards here from Orlando,FL. Starter sorting early this year just for copper and now I'm addicted to looking for rare wheats and other coins I can find in boxes. I'm mostly find 18%-22% copper in brinks boxes and about to hit my first $100 FV in copper cents. Hope to learn much from you guys.
Greatwun
Penny Sorter Member

Re: New member from FL

Postby Kurr » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Welcome to the forum! My dad lives in St. Cloud and my mom in Coco :D

TONS of knowledge here, congratz on your first CTU (copper trade unit). $100 weighs appr. 68 pounds and fits in a medium flat rate box, in case you didn't know yet.

Again, Welcome!
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rosco » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Welcome from the Northwest hand sorting an over 4 units sorted.
I'm old an slow use a Magnifying light an it has nose prints on it. Stick Balance for checking 82s an dirty coins then I Sacrilege tumble to clean keep all coppers :oops: I'm cheep :mrgreen:
I roll to store an check Weight with Scale to double check for Zincs
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby adagirl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Welcome aboard! Good people here. :mrgreen:
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Welcome! Do you have Ryedale envy yet? I hand sorted for about 3 months and then bought a Ryedale. It is one hungry machine .. it blasts thru a box as fast as you can open it
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Uh-oh, competition! ;)

Welcome to the madness. I'm mostly buying boxes from a Regions branch on 436 (know the manager of that branch), lesser mostly CWR from a few other places on occasion, sometimes I'll load up on CWR at the CFE CU on Mills. I dump at the TD on 434. There are others in the area but I don't know them; I think another local RCer popped up a few months ago, and there are others in the larger metro area from Lakeland to the coasts.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Greatwun » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Diggin4copper, Ive though about shelling out money for a Ryedale but Im only doing about 3 boxes a week and already getting looks from the tellers if I ask for more. Plus I love looking for rare wheats, canadians, and errors.

68Camaro, Does the TD have a free coin counter machine? Just asking because I've been dumping at the publix coin machine for 8%. Ive been getting boxes from the 2 BoA branches on central fl Pkwy. Copper cents and wheat percentages seen pretty normal, however I did get my first indian head cent on the 3rd box I ever did. Ive done about 10 boxes since then and have yet to get a second one.
Greatwun
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Greatwun wrote:68Camaro, Does the TD have a free coin counter machine? Just asking because I've been dumping at the publix coin machine for 8%. Ive been getting boxes from the 2 BoA branches on central fl Pkwy. Copper cents and wheat percentages seen pretty normal, however I did get my first indian head cent on the 3rd box I ever did. Ive done about 10 boxes since then and have yet to get a second one.

TD requires an account, $100 min, to use the machine for free. Paying 8% is crazy, and if you do the math you'll recoup the $100 quickly, not to mention you can get it back anytime you want. If you're on the south end, there is one on Oscela Parkway with one of the newer high speed counters (some of the older TD banks use old machines). And they are converting a new branch at corner of Kirkman and Conroy, which I expect will have a new machine as well, and from the website it appears to be open now.

Haven't found an IH yet; congrats!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Greatwun » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna look into opening an account with them soon.
Greatwun
Penny Sorter Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Welcome....please PM your address so I can visit you in January when it'll be TOO FREAKIN' COLD here! :lol:
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby twentybux » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Welcome to the addiction! Kick off your shoes and stay a while. Tons of great knowledge found in this forum!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:30 am

I have my Ryedale set up to accept zinc...then I sort the other box which contains wheaties, dimes, oddballs, etc..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wbeck » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm

That's actually a pretty smart way of doing it. Anything odd is what's worth looking at.
wbeck
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Welcome. It only gets worse.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby crazypennyguy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Welcome. It's an acquired taste, but you'll find you'll love it once you've acquired it.

Myself, I bought my pennies from a coin service - 50 boxes at a time. :mrgreen: I cleaned the guy out for a while before I got my fourth load of 50. Now, I'm too busy hand-sorting them - swamped, actually.
I did it. I've been crazy enough to sort through 10,000 rolls of pennies. Almost makes you think, "some people will do anything to build up a coin collection."
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Greatwun » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

wow I could just image the looks I'd get if I brought home 50 bricks
Greatwun
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing