Who cares whats happens after the sale is done

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Who cares whats happens after the sale is done

Postby nero12345 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am

Like the heading says, but i just sold some canadian nickels to a fella in Cali.thats using them in experimental hydrogen production. I guess i never really gave it much thought to what anyone did with them, and never cared. Do any of you do anything other than hoard, resell, or collect. Nickel has such a high melting point as well as crazy fumes and vapors that aren't healthy for you. I mean no one is melting them in their backyard right? Its cool i guess, just a little different. I don't think he's a member here as i sold through another source and if he is sorry for talking out of class.
Last edited by nero12345 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Re: What cares whats happens after the sale is done

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:27 pm

nero12345 wrote:Like the heading says, but i just sold some canadian nickels to a fella in Cali.thats using them in experimental hydrogen production. I guess i never really gave it much thought to what anyone did with them, and never cared. Do any of you do anything other than hoard, resell, or collect. Nickel has such a high melting point as well as crazy fumes and vapors that aren't healthy for you. I mean no one is melting them in their backyard right? Its cool i guess, just a little different. I don't think he's a member here as i sold through another source and if he is sorry for talking out of class.

More power to him. Hope he does something useful with them, while not killing anyone in the process! ;)

I use them for nothing else than wealth preservation, but their beauty is their complete utility for about anything one might think of for nickel. They could even be electroplating feedstock, if needed.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 pm

each to his own
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby frugalcanuck » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 pm

I would prefer not to know that Im supplying the coins for someone who is going to melt or deform them. The reason being is that if I am ever interrogated for selling base metals or any other thing that might be considered criminal I would be able to tell them the truth without giving any signals that may indicate I am not telling the truth. If we dont yet live in a police state, we will in the future.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ZenOps » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm

I don't really care. I hear that they use old pure Canadian nickel dollars (15.62 gram) as a barter currency in Japan.

I would be using an alternate currency if my 1 Yen "coin" floated on water too, lol.

It might be the reason that there are so few of the big nickel dollars in Canadian circulation. No biggie, plenty of other nations use US dollars as alternate currencies. The US Sacagawea dollar coin is extremely unpopular in the US, but circulates well in Ecuador.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Re: Who cares whats happens after the sale is done

Postby jasmatk » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:11 am

They can melt whatever I sold them down and throw it off a bridge for all I care as long as I got paid for the goods.
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins