Nickel at $7.38

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Nickel at $7.38

Postby My2Cents » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 am

With nickel coming off the high prices they were fecthing, I get this strong feeling we'll be seeing the $6.XX range soon. What are pure Canadian nickels selling for these days? I'd like to add some to my stash at the $10-ish range per pound. Anyone interested in selling about 20-30 lbs?
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" Voltaire
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Nickel at $7.38

Postby fasTT » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:47 am

I can sell you 50 lbs.for $500 shipped.

daniel@londongoldbuyer.com
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby saltydecks » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 pm

has anybody ever seen 1 Troy oz. nickle rounds or bars? I've seen some... but doubt the legitimacy... I wouldn't mind stacking a couple hundred ounces.
saltydecks
Penny Sorter Member

Postby natsb88 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

saltydecks wrote:has anybody ever seen 1 Troy oz. nickle rounds or bars? I've seen some... but doubt the legitimacy... I wouldn't mind stacking a couple hundred ounces.

http://www.coppercave.com/copper/index. ... at&catId=8

I carry several, and they are legit. I have another 1 oz round that isn't on the site yet, and there are a couple more coming that will be a little bit cheaper. Like with copper, the cost of turning an ounce of nickel into a round or bar exceeds the value of the metal itself, but they sure are cool 8-)
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby frugi » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:25 am

Ni is higher when there is major war on the horizon, perhaps when several major countries organize with the UN, and invade smaller countries to "liberate" them, and to provide "freedom"......this usually makes the price of Ni soar. Ni is used heavily in the production of explosives, bombs, missles, as well as armor, tank armor, personal armor, etc......I believe (even though I strongly disagree) that there will be a build up of force, and an eventual attack on Iran in the coming months, maybe even a year away. all very sad. nevertheless the price of Ni will skyrocket starting in the first few days of the assault. The last time it was really high was during the start to the invasion of Iraq, and Afghanistan, when it reached around $25.00/lb. (those were the days!!!!)
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:17 pm

frugi wrote:Ni is higher when there is major war on the horizon, perhaps when several major countries organize with the UN, and invade smaller countries to "liberate" them, and to provide "freedom"......this usually makes the price of Ni soar. Ni is used heavily in the production of explosives, bombs, missles, as well as armor, tank armor, personal armor, etc......I believe (even though I strongly disagree) that there will be a build up of force, and an eventual attack on Iran in the coming months, maybe even a year away. all very sad. nevertheless the price of Ni will skyrocket starting in the first few days of the assault. The last time it was really high was during the start to the invasion of Iraq, and Afghanistan, when it reached around $25.00/lb. (those were the days!!!!)

Damn. I hope not. The LAST thing we need is yet ANOTHER war to get ourselves into....all in the name of freedom?? No thanks!

Anyway, I am a fan of nickel...so I hope the price doesn't skyrocket anytime soon. Need some time to locate and stack some ounces or coinage ;)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins