Wrappers

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Wrappers

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:41 pm

So, running out of wrappers for my nickels and walked into the bank and asked for some. She asked, how many and I replied more than you have. She returned with a box of 1000 wrappers..!! FREE :mrgreen: --Never hurts to ask...
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Wrappers

Postby scyther » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Kewl.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:04 am

LOL You need to come smooze the ladies down south at my banks for me!
For some reason, when I try to smooze the lady tellers.... it just doesn't work out too well for me... :o :roll:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby chris6084 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:04 pm

I got tired of asking. I would bring in two boxes of coins, so obviously I use a lot of wrappers, and they would hand over 3 or 4 wrappers when I asked for some. I just buy them now.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 am

that is funny....last Christmas I asked for some $2 bills...they responded how many, and like you said more than you have....lol they had 400 of 'em...wow...I just bought 100 bills. I walked away a little red in the face.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby TJMatt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:48 am

LOL....I'll remember not to use this response at any of my local banks!
TJMatt
Penny Sorter Member

Postby bman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Numis Pam wrote:LOL You need to come smooze the ladies down south at my banks for me!
For some reason, when I try to smooze the lady tellers.... it just doesn't work out too well for me... :o :roll:

You just haven't been smoozing the right kind of tellers :shock: :lol:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby uthminsta » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm

I went in to one of the banks on my way back from a run today, and asked if they have any penny wrappers. She asked how many. I said "As many as you can spare for me." She brought me back a few and said, and I quote,
"If you need more than THIS, I don't even WANT to see how many pennies you have!"
I thanked her and walked out. On my way to the car I counted them, just for a laugh.

There were sixteen wrappers. Enough for the ungodly amount of $8.00 worth of pennies. Who in the world would ever want THAT many pennies?!? :roll:
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby stlouiscoin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:29 pm

uthminsta, you should go back to the bank with a $50.00 dump! watch how her mind explodes as she tries to process it...
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby commoncents » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 pm

A specific number and a tad of humor sometimes gets a better response than "more than you have" or "as many as you can".

You might try "100 wrappers, please - I'm the origional pinball wizard".
Don't make me hungry - you wouldn't like me when I'm hungry !
commoncents
Penny Sorter Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:50 am

uthminsta wrote:I went in to one of the banks on my way back from a run today, and asked if they have any penny wrappers. She asked how many. I said "As many as you can spare for me." She brought me back a few and said, and I quote,
"If you need more than THIS, I don't even WANT to see how many pennies you have!"
I thanked her and walked out. On my way to the car I counted them, just for a laugh.

There were sixteen wrappers. Enough for the ungodly amount of $8.00 worth of pennies. Who in the world would ever want THAT many pennies?!? :roll:

Not me! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby FatherRosado » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:12 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
uthminsta wrote:I went in to one of the banks on my way back from a run today, and asked if they have any penny wrappers. She asked how many. I said "As many as you can spare for me." She brought me back a few and said, and I quote,

Not me! :mrgreen:

I returned wrappers to the bank because they gave me more than I needed.
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
FatherRosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins