Bag of nickels from bank

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Bag of nickels from bank

Postby Tantalar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

4 boxes of pennies or one bag of nickels? The bag of nickels would be a bank bag from the coin sorter so god knows what is in it. I am leaning towards getting this bag. Has anyone had success with bank bagged nickels?
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Bag of nickels from bank

Postby frugalcanuck » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:13 pm

I would take the bag anyday over the box
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Just got my first bag of nickels off the banks machine.Fast sorting...totals 2 war nickels,7 1940s,7 1950s, 2 foreign (english pennies newer)....Try one its worth a shot
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby jasmatk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:23 pm

always go for a bag over boxes great finds and no rolls to open
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby drofdrugs » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Which banks do you folks get your bags from? I always sort nickel rolls and have had some success with finding buffalos and canadians, but have never tried bags. Any help would be appreciated.
drofdrugs

Postby thesilvertiger » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:06 pm

frugalcanuck wrote:I would take the bag anyday over the box

I completely agree with frugalcanuck. No unwrapping roll after roll and they are easier/quicker to sort through than pennies. You can always turn in the nickels after you are done then go get the penny boxes to go through.
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins