Request Nickels

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Request Nickels

Postby goodcoin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Whenever I receive a dime in change from purchases, I request nickels. I tell the person to give me nickels in change instead of dimes because dimes put holes in my pocket. Hasn't failed yet. Do other realcent members do the same?
goodcoin
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Request Nickels

Postby theo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:59 pm

I might do something like that occasionally, though I've never used that particular excuse. I usually just ask for $10 in nickels whenever I get cash from the bank.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Did the same thing just the other day. I suppose you risk missing out on a silver dime, but thats not too likely to happen.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:17 pm

All the time, though they usually don't pay attention to me until they close the cash drawer and then they say "huh?"

But I do it. I also raid the various coffee funds at work, all the time. Just got $2 in nickels from one this afternoon.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 pm

I do not do that, but will have to start.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins