It's not funny I'm thinking to myself....

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

It's not funny I'm thinking to myself....

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:42 pm

So I was at Wendy's today for lunch and when the girl gave me my change I saw a roll of nickles in the tray. Well I promptly asked for the roll in the change, which she gave me. Only to hear the group that came with me laughing... Too bad I didn't find anything to shut them up. lol
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: It's not funny I'm thinking to myself....

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:21 pm

You got the fever, most here suffer from it.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby merchoarder » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 pm

I wonder who will have the last laugh... :lol:
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:28 am

merchoarder wrote:I wonder who will have the last laugh... :lol:

That reminds me of a story. Goes a little something like this.

Hey Noah! What are you going to do with that big boat ? (snickering as they walk by )
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:20 am

That's awesome. Whenever I see rolls of change, my heart skips a beat and I immediately start trying to figure out to get them. :lol:
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:33 am

Yesterday at work I sold $304.95 in irrigation parts a cash sale the payment was $305. As I was helping loading the parts the customer toss the 5 cents of change into the trash. After he pulled out of the lot I jumped into to the dumpster to get it and I did. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby twentybux » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 pm

henrysmedford wrote:Yesterday at work I sold $304.95 in irrigation parts a cash sale the payment was $305. As I was helping loading the parts the customer toss the 5 cents of change into the trash. After he pulled out of the lot I jumped into to the dumpster to get it and I did. :D

You can't leave us hanging like that. So what year was the nickel you got out of the dumpster? Inquisitive minds want to know. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:05 pm

twentybux wrote:
henrysmedford wrote:Yesterday at work I sold $304.95 in irrigation parts a cash sale the payment was $305. As I was helping loading the parts the customer toss the 5 cents of change into the trash. After he pulled out of the lot I jumped into to the dumpster to get it and I did. :D

You can't leave us hanging like that. So what year was the nickel you got out of the dumpster? Inquisitive minds want to know. :D

Just a 1982-P. I work for a irrigation wholesale house and my best bet is that the customer was part of Oregon's medical cannabis growers they have a lot of cash and the 5 cents was not worth it to him. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:02 am

I was at Sam's Club one day and the cashier is ringing up the order and the total amount is $380, and the cashier supervisor dropped several rolls of change on the counter quarters dimes, nickels and pennies and I notice at the end of one of the penny rolls is an old looking penny and I pickup the roll to see what the date is and the cashier snatches it out of my hand and doesn't say a word the rest of the transaction. I had the roll in my hand for 1 second and didn't even get to see the date. My wife is bitching at me and telling me I am going to go to jail if I act like that again. She says I acted totally inappropriately. If I wanted to steal $$$ I would have taken a roll of quarters. My total was $380. Give me a break. Yes, I have the fever.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins