A Gift from Grandma

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

A Gift from Grandma

Postby coincrazy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:07 pm

While all the other grandchildren were collecting their $30 gift cards from grandma I got a bag of 15 rolls of nickels!

So instead of a $30 gift card to wal-mart or a restaurant I ended up bringing home at current prices:

$38.40 in copper/nickel coins.

After sorting I found 1x 1944 P in the stack at current price of $1.63.

Giving me a total of $40.03 by requesting my gift in the form of nickels over gift cards.

Now who is coin crazy gaming grandma on christmas! :D :lol:
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: A Gift from Grandma

Postby PreservingThePast » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:22 pm

I would say you have a very thoughtful grandma. And, if you didn't just want to hold on to those particular rolls of nickels, you could turn those back in and get more to search with the upside of potentially turning it into a long term gift that could be worth even more. But having such a thoughtful grandmother is truly priceless.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:15 pm

The only thing better than a wonderful grandmother is one who enjoys hearing about your recent hauls and enjoys helping you participate in finding coins - and luckily for me, I have that grandmother.

Congrats on your find. If you could get one of your grandkids in on the game, I know they would love to have someone there to help.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:42 pm

That is a great grandma.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Excellent man. Very thoughtful of her.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins