Main Branch

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Main Branch

Postby abe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 pm

I had more trouble at the main bank branch again. This time I had a check from Canada for $26 and they told me it doesn't say on the check for US currency. Then I was told it would be a $20 fee if I wanted to cash it. I laughed, walked away and went to another branch that had a drive-thru. I handed the clerk the check and ask for 13 rolls of nickels and got them without a hitch.

Anybody else from the U.S. have trouble cashing a check from Canada?
I hope this check doesn't come back to bite me in the butt :?:
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Main Branch

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:01 pm

I have never had a check from Canada to cash, so I would not know. It really does not surprise me. Hell, down here in the South you have trouble just cashing a check from another state!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rickygee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:I have never had a check from Canada to cash, so I would not know. It really does not surprise me. Hell, down here in the South you have trouble just cashing a check from another state!

Now that's funny right there! Mainly because it's true! :lol:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:33 am

The check should say US funds or Canadian funds... I had a problem once a long time ago from an ebay auction but Im kinda fuzzy on the details... CRS disease..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins