Rates for CDN nickels

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Rates for CDN nickels

Postby HPMBTT » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 am

Yep, you probably already saw my copper post about CDN copper pennies. But hey! This is the nickel forum, so here we go. :)

I recently came across a large stash of CDN nickels (99% Ni) and cupronickel CDN nickels (74/25). Do you guys sell by metal content/weight or by exchange rate? And no, AGgressiveMetal doesn't buy CDN nickels (I already checked). What's a reasonable rate to sell them at, and at what kind of volume is needed in order to make it worth it (since there's shipping costs involved)? Of course, I'm interested in only USA to USA shipping (domestic).

Thanks for your input.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Rates for CDN nickels

Postby didou » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:17 am

CDN 99.9% Ni sell for around $13-15 / pound (x2.6-x3.0 face) shipped on eBay, for lot of 10+ pounds. Way more (up to x16/x17 face) in small lot including shipping.
There is not a lot sold here, i assume the cost will be lower since we don't have to paid for eBay/paypal fee and the shipping is lot cheaper in the U.S.A. than it is up here.

CDN CuNi don't sell for bullion value as far as i know. US nickel are cheaper and easier to get for U.S. citizen and they weight more than the Canadian for the same face value.
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:45 am

Yeah as a buyer I would pay $10/pound shipped no problem......up to a couple hundred pounds.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Nickelmeister » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:36 am

I sell for $12/lbs shipped in multiple large (60 lbs) lots.
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SoFa » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:57 pm

I've paid up to about 12x shipped for smallish lots (5-20 lb). I've been seeing them go just a little higher on ebay.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins