Partial Plate

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Partial Plate

Postby marine70 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:14 am

I have a partial plate from the sixties it is made out of a very shiny metal. Does anyone know how to find out what that metal is? Oh its not used anymore. Merry Christmas to all on the site.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Re: Partial Plate

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:49 am

How about a picture.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby twentybux » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Might want to shoot Doc Rodebaugh I quick note. He is sure to give some insight. And Merry Christmas to all!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Probably chromoly based alloy if its not tarnished. 99% of the gold ones made were earlier than that and have the normal yellow gold look and run at about 10-14K purity.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals