did u get any silver for christmas?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: did u get any silver for christmas?

Postby NHsorter » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:15 pm

No silver but I did get 4 boxes of pennies to sort. Also a nice "Inferno" propane flame thrower! No more screwing around when it comes to bon fire time. What an awesome tool!

Also some chainsaw stuff, AR mags and a sling, some .380 and 12-gauge rounds and if course some beer. Yes, my family is well trained.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Chief » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:20 pm

No silver here, but a mason jar full of pennies to sort. Off the top, I saw one wheat and two Canadians. I was very surprised/happy with this stocking stuffer. Merry Christmas all!!! :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:40 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Awesome! Lucky you!

No one gave me silver this year. :( Guess I have been a bad boy. Oh, well, I got some other great things, too. My wife really surprised me with a homemade quilt! :o :D It is so beautiful and well made... My grandkids will one day want it. It's so warm, it is almost like sleeping under a buffalo robe. :)

Wow, a handmade quilt is certainly the equivalent of a roll of ASEs! Did she make it? No matter, but if she did, then it's an automatic family heirloom! Priceless.

Yes! She made it herself! She is an amazing seamstress. There are times she is a real sly one, too. She actually made two identical quilts for me and my son. When he was in the house, she was working on mine (and told him to be quiet about it)... when I was home with her, she told me it was for our son (and for me to be quiet about it, too.) It was a real surprise for us both! Hahaha!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
aev wrote:Not under the tree but I did get 313 halves out of one box...

You know it feels better to give than to receive. PM me for my address :lol:

And you can send them to me doc :)
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:52 pm

aev wrote:Not under the tree but I did get 313 halves out of one box...

........ ....... ...... Oh, excuse me. My jaw just dropped to the floor and I had to pick it up before I could say anything. Not even in my dreams have I ever found so much silver in a box of halves.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Later » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:39 am

3 rounds from my gf and .25 90% from my son. gave my son 3 rounds & 2$ fv.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby agmoose » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 am

Got a 2011 ASE Proof, and an Ace 250 Metal Detector, so while I only got 1oz for Christmas, maybe I got something that'll lead to many more!
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby MUTiger » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:54 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
Thogey wrote:There are now 22 silver bullets left.

I have yet to see a werewolf. I'll keep tryin.

Classic my friend. Took me a bit to put her together......but once I did.....the smile won't leave my face ;)

I like the King.

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby baggerman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:09 pm

No but I gave silver and copper as gifts.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby knibloe » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Good news my wife found the Columbian Exposition half that she got me. :)
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby pennyguy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Got BJ from my wife for christmas :shock: ,Body Jewerly, silver bracelet. :lol:
pennyguy
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mercuryman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Got 3 BU ASE's of various dates from my grandmother, and gave everyone in my family a few silver coins each. Trying to get them all on board. My brother is big on coins, so i gave him a 1996 s ms 69-70 cameo Rosie with a BU merc and Proof Rosie from the 60's. I'm only 20 so this is actually my first year managing to give everyone a little of something, I know one day these coins will appreciate in value and it could save their life one day when fiat money collapses.
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverflake » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:34 pm

My 12 year old son got me $5 in CWR of pennies. 22% copper but nothing to write home about. It was touching though. Merry Christmas
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby GA-Silver » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:38 am

Bought myself a box I'd .380 ammo and a brick of .22s with some money given to me. Also picked some Liberty Dollar certificates (1-20, 1-10, 1-5, and 5-1 at face value). Thought they might be collector items some day.....
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:35 am

My 2 kids got some silver for Christmas. Any cash or checks that they received went right into my wallet and then I pulled out some 90% at less than melt from my stash and added it to theirs. I have been making this a habit with all of the money that they get. I just can't bring myself to put it in their savings accounts (losings accounts, considering inflation).
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:55 pm

No, but I gave my daughter a roll of ASEs, and safe for it and the other she has accumulated. Looks like a good weak price week to buy, so I picked up a roll of prospectors this morning from my LCS, at $30 and change, with spot below $29.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Saabman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:03 pm

My sister gave me a bright and shiny 2011 ASE!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby 50centsaver » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:10 am

No silver, but my mom gave me some nickels and coppers as she is interested in coins too and always saves her pocket change for me.

I did give my 2 grown up kids a little gold and silver this Christmas- and some discussion to try to get them to become gold and silver bugs. I talked to them about what I've learned on realcent and other wise (books- Aftershock, Currency Wars, and How you can profit from the coming devaluation) about what may be ahead economy wise. Gave them each 1/10 oz Amer eagle gold coin, plus a little of everything silver wise: a peace dollar, 3 different kinds of 90% halves, 5 40% halves, 3 90% quarters, 5 90% dimes- mercs and rosies. Hopefully they'll catch on and start buying a little at a time, especially silver.
I wish someone would've taught me about gold/silver when I was in high school (graduated in 1973). I would've saved my lawn mowing $ to buy gold at $35 oz! Better late than never right?

I'd like to thank all of you for your contributions on realcent since I've joined a few months ago, and wish us all a Happy New Year. I think times are going to get tougher, and arming ourselves with the info on this forum is definitely useful. Hoard on...
50centsaver
Penny Sorter Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals