1965,1965,1965, How I hate thee!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: 1965,1965,1965, How I hate thee!

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:14 pm

uthminsta wrote:
Rejinx wrote:I can't believe how many 1965 Quarters there are out there. I bet over half of the 60's Quarters I find are 1965. Sorry, no real point just annoyed by these teasers.

If you sorted HALVES, you would be okay. ;)

Yeah! If you sorted halves... you would hardly find any '65s at all! :P :P
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Shifty51 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Yeah, if you're sorting halves you get NO 65's, just tons and tons of 71's & Bicentennials...
He who does not respect the penny is not worthy of the dollar
Shifty51
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Those '65 quarters do have incredible staying power. I was around when they first came out and remember the controversy about how well they'd wear after a few years in circulation. Personally, I was hoping they'd crack in two, dissolve in water, become toxic, not accepted by vending machines, alter the earth's rotation and generally PO the general public. Wrong on all counts except the PO the public part.

Interesting to see that byproduct of their introduction so many years ago is still true. Wonder if future generations will remember the Good Old Clad Days when we ultimately switch to nickel-plated steel blanks as the Canadians have already done. "Those 2015 steel quarters really PO everyone." Nothing can or should replace silver in our monetary transactions. Nothing.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Sorted 210 in halves today and got a 1965... It's a GOOD day!
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 am

Thogey wrote:Boy did I ef up!

We should assemble an army to kill everyone who authorized so many 65s!

Cap, you had your chance, when they had you underground sitting at a console, with those crackable plastic holders containing magical numbers and a pair of keys, in the center of whole mess of hurt. oh well, glad you didnt get weird on us.....then.

(teasing, breaking your bolls, happy new year) neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals