Silver @ 27 & a half....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver @ 27 & a half....

Postby Treetop » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 pm

beauanderos wrote:It seems to me that forum posts are similar to ebay bids. Once ego becomes involved, the cost of the outcome is out of proportion to the value of the listing. When "bids" are placed in an effort to determine who is most knowledgeable (but that might be perceived by the recipient as denigratory and adversarial) then karmic responses will ensue. Seems as if some alpha males want to be King of the Mountain on various realcent threads, but since no one even knows what each others breeding REALLY is, is it worth the price of belittling others to determine omniscience? Is it any surprise some members leave? We are all strangers here... some stranger than others.

:lol:

JJM i found it to out of line to. But honestly if jon had said something out of line I wouldnt know. I didnt see any info I could imagine was secret. Sounded like stuff anyone could say to me just from know a tiny bit about such institutions....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:27 pm

beauanderos wrote:It seems to me that forum posts are similar to ebay bids. Once ego becomes involved, the cost of the outcome is out of proportion to the value of the listing. When "bids" are placed in an effort to determine who is most knowledgeable (but that might be perceived by the recipient as denigratory and adversarial) then karmic responses will ensue. Seems as if some alpha males want to be King of the Mountain on various realcent threads, but since no one even knows what each others breeding REALLY is, is it worth the price of belittling others to determine omniscience? Is it any surprise some members leave? We are all strangers here... some stranger than others.

:lol:

JJM i found it to out of line to. But honestly if jon had said something out of line I wouldnt know. I didnt see any info I could imagine was secret. Sounded like stuff anyone could say to me just from know a tiny bit about such institutions....

For my part I presonally LIKE that we dont all agree. It would be boring if we did. People sometimes need to cool it slightly imo. share their opinion, heck stand for their side of an argument to the end if your of the mind to... but dont get offended by what others say...

think of this... most people would agree ghandi or MLK or jesus all stood for peace and love right? Well some people HATE them.... despise them... Hitler stood for death, and control and pain and agony.. right? most agree on this... yet some folks LOVE them... Those are rather extreme examples of course, but we will never all agree. We can never expect to all agree. I love reading through the posts here and bouncing my views off of those of others... No reason to be offended. Its just not possible for us all to agree... We all give various weights to various aspects and variables to a given topic... Its a good thing if we embrace it.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JJM » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Maybe the fine folks of realcent who know in their hearts that this type of BS to be out of line can go let the folks at the Northwest Firearms forum know that they have a "well connected snitch" posting over there....

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/members/2370.html
ETA: I see you changed your location, lol. Wise choice. Nothing like a little lesson in OPSEC 101, is there?

Or at least a hot-head who probably has no business handling firearms based upon the way he handles himself in a COIN forum, lol.
Last edited by JJM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm

JJM wrote:Or at least a hot-head who probably has no business handling firearms based upon the way he handles himself in a COIN forum, lol.

This.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JJM » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:33 pm

camtender wrote:
JJM wrote:
I could care less................... I could care less....................... consider you a fool..........................

I could also care less.................. I gave up.................. I have even less desire.........................

None of this means................... .

no longer to my liking.................

Camtender, the bottom line is this. If JFF attacked you the same way, my ire would be firmly aimed at him instead. I'm not playing favorites here, I have no personal dealings with either of you. His username is more familiar to me of course, no surprise given post count comparisons. What you are planning to do to him is wrong, plain and simple. You should man up, admit your mistake, and move on. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read his posts. And if you're going to continue to be an arse on this or any other internet forum, you might want to consider changing your username from forum to forum.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:30 am

Thank you all for the kind remarks. Yes there is a troll here and he does not know me. We are strangers and his little disparaging rant about disclosures is completely laughable hilarious and without any merit whatsoever- period.

Anything I said is already common knowledge and previously disclosed. The troll does not know what was in the NDA (non disclosure agreement). There was nothing disclosed here about systems, process, strategy, counter parties, settlement, netting, or any other trade secrets or proprietary information. Not only that but I had nothing to do with the accounting group. Accounting doesn't (CAN'T!) execute hedges (umm this is not a trade secret either LOL) for a publicly traded company....click!

To say an airline uses swaps, strips and collars for fuel heading and has equal cash on deposit to offset the hedge is like saying Warren Buffet owns common and preferred stocks as well as warrants in companies he invests in and only does so with cash and no margin.

Trolls are purposefully negative, controversial, inflammatory and disruptive by nature on forums. Sorry to say that we have seen the random ill attempts of one here. On the other hand you saw the reactions by many members here, revealing why this forum is such a terrific, friendly and supportive community.

Happy New Year to all!
I hope you all have health and that all of your dreams may come true.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Later » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:19 am

mos def a bitch move. a threat over realcent? couldve handled that one more mature.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals