my trip to my new bank and the ditzy blonde teller

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

my trip to my new bank and the ditzy blonde teller

Postby kidman232 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 pm

i have had an account with this bank for like 8 years, but i have been away at college and out working on the east coast, so i rarely ever been inside one of these branches in years and never been inside this particular location. I went inside and nobody was in there, i had called the other day and they told me they didnt carry rolls of half dollars, just loose ones in tellers drawers. my teller was very hot blonde in her mid 20's id say, so just around my age. i asked her if she had any half dollars as my father collects coin (didnt want to give away i was silver searching). she opened her drawer and said she had some and asked how many i wanted. i said $10 worth if she had it (figured she wouldnt have that many loose ones in her drawer. well it turns out, she had 10.50 in halves so i bought them all. she put them into dollar stacks, but had to call over another teller to double check her math (really?). anyways i hit a great score in my mind for such a small purchase as i found the following.

(1) 1944 walking liberty 90%

(1) 1966 kennedy 40%

(4) 1967 kennedy 40%

(1) 1969 kennedy 40%

***updated****

went back today and the hot blonde was not working. i asked the teller and she had no loose halves, but she did have a brinks roll. i searched the roll when i got to my car and found nothing in it. I went to walmart afterwards and unloaded the halves while checking out and the girl at the register wanted to give me a $1 each on the coins instead of .50 cents. took a little time to explain to her they were only half dollars. went to 2-3 other banks while out and none of them even had any rolls or loose ones.
Last edited by kidman232 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Re: my trip to my new bank and the ditzy blonde teller

Postby thesilvertiger » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Those are awesome numbers! Just as importantly though, did you get her number? She may not be the type you end up marrying, but dating a hot girl who works at a bank with a potential to find you silver at face value? That is just living the life!
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:57 pm

thesilvertiger wrote:Those are awesome numbers! Just as importantly though, did you get her number? She may not be the type you end up marrying, but dating a hot girl who works at a bank with a potential to find you silver at face value? That is just living the life!

+1 :D
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby kidman232 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:01 pm

haha not this time, but i know where to find her now. asking for someones number while they were working seems a little odd on the first meet, as opposed to say a bar. after a couple trips if she is flirty, ill make a move. but having to get someone to double check her math, might have alot of training to do to trust her to find silver lol
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby thesilvertiger » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:18 pm

I sincerely wish you luck with her and that game plan, but keep in mind that a bank may not keep a ditzy anybody (male/female/friendly/HOT) around long if a simple transaction like that requires additional supervision. There are times in life when you get one shot at something. In the overall scheme of life, this case may be trivial, but as for as the immediate future it sure could make a difference; especially with the hotness factor!
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Postby dan53 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Kidman232 wrote: "i asked her if she had any half dollars as my father collects coin". Thats a good line. The one I use is.....Pardon me mamm, but I am on a mission for my little nephew who is ill. He collects half dollars and I was wondering if you had some you would like to get rid of?
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby kidman232 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:33 pm

ive never been someone to just go off of looks, everyone ive dated or been with in the past has been a friend before hand, i guess personality adds to hotness alot for me. if i never see her again, its ok, but for now she is my lucky silver charm
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby twentybux » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:22 am

You realize you will need to see her on Tuesday, after the holiday, to check out her rack...er...I mean tray. ;) May get lucky again! :mrgreen:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby kidman232 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:30 am

fully plan on going back tuesday, probably hit up some other local banks around here, hope the area is just untouched
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah, it seems weird she had to call someone over to double-check $10.50 in halves. There may be another reason for it. Maybe she is new and the bank has a policy of checking every transaction while someone is in training?? Who knows. Anyway, enjoy the fun while it lasts kidman! :D
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Yeah, it seems weird she had to call someone over to double-check $10.50 in halves. There may be another reason for it. Maybe she is new and the bank has a policy of checking every transaction while someone is in training?? Who knows. Anyway, enjoy the fun while it lasts kidman! :D

Lets give the young lady the benefit of the doubt. She was probably so smitten with Kidman that she couldn't thing straight. :lol:
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 am

knibloe wrote:Lets give the young lady the benefit of the doubt. She was probably so smitten with Kidman that she couldn't thing straight. :lol:

Seems that you're smitten with him as well. :lol:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby twentybux » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:48 am

CardsNCoins wrote:
knibloe wrote:Lets give the young lady the benefit of the doubt. She was probably so smitten with Kidman that she couldn't thing straight. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:00 pm

twentybux wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:

I deserve that. I noticed it after I posted, but was too lazy to edit it.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby kidman232 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:18 pm

so much love, what will i do. i hope shes at work tomorrow for our 2nd date
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby Shifty51 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Well I'm going to the wrong bank...I went through $5000 and got skunked. Oh and no blonde hair...unless you count the lady's mustache....
He who does not respect the penny is not worthy of the dollar
Shifty51
Penny Sorter Member

Postby kidman232 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm

added to the first post, not a good day overall
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals