more dont like N korean coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

more dont like N korean coins

Postby 97guns » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:26 pm

but i do, dont care if they use child slave labor, silver is silver, very heartwarming knowing that a 5 year old may have pressed this coin.

Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Re: more dont like N korean coins

Postby Oakair » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 pm

I want one of those
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mercuryman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 pm

i guarantee each one of those coins was made in the US. I'm almost certain Franklin Mint made most of these coins. More than likely these never even made it to N Korea. Still cool stuff. just read this article http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 50806.html
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby bigjohn56 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Mercuryman wrote:i guarantee each one of those coins was made in the US. I'm almost certain Franklin Mint made most of these coins. More than likely these never even made it to N Korea. Still cool stuff. just read this article http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 50806.html

I was under the impression that Kim Jong Il himself made those coins by hand without any dies when he was taking a break from being the world's greatest golfer.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 97guns » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am

Mercuryman wrote:i guarantee each one of those coins was made in the US. I'm almost certain Franklin Mint made most of these coins. More than likely these never even made it to N Korea. Still cool stuff. just read this article http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 50806.html

guaranteed your wrong, these are from 2001 and are legal tender valued at 10 won made by little girl.
Last edited by 97guns on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mercuryman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:04 am

97guns wrote:

guaranteed your wrong, these are from 2007 and are legal tender valued at 10 won made by little girl.

LOL at the exchange rate = 10 won = 0.0111 of a dollar.
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 am

bigjohn56 wrote:

I was under the impression that Kim Jong Il himself made those coins by hand without any dies when he was taking a break from being the world's greatest golfer.

Is that why he had that haircut? Aerodynamics while out on the golf course?
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 pm

I think "North Korea"? "Counterfeit". Even if they are not. I just don't trust anything from China, either Korea, or most of the rest of Asia.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bigjohn56 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm thinkin' that you guys don't have enough respect for the "Dear Leader". Keep in mind that the man wrote 1,500 books while he was in college. And under his rule 85% of the country's population did not starve to death. Personally I'm most impressed with his fashion sense. From his haircut to his spiffy duds that dude was a true chick magnet.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Dont forget he stared in movies also....Team America for one! :lol:

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bigjohn56 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

That video is funny. It is tough to make a funny video of the Dear Leader by trying to make him weirder than he was because he was about as weird as they come. Stalinism taken to the nth degree.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals