Rebound? Did we just see the bottom?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Rebound? Did we just see the bottom?

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:31 pm

I hope I'm 100% wrong (because I don't like being the partypooper) but the risk has compounded.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:I hope I'm 100% wrong (because I don't like being the partypooper) but the risk has compounded.

Cheers!

I figured we'd already witnessed a fairly strong upside today, so based on the premise that da boyz might retaliate I've positioned myself to now benefit from a move in either direction. For the record, Jon, there may well be truth in pricing (it's just that I have more fun when I can toss conspiracy theories around :lol: , makes the passage of time more entertaining for me :D ). And since I positioned myself into triple leverage using tranches, I was able to exit today from a considerable portion of that position at a profit.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:58 pm

beauanderos wrote:I figured we'd already witnessed a fairly strong upside today, so based on the premise that da boyz might retaliate I've positioned myself to now benefit from a move in either direction. For the record, Jon, there may well be truth in pricing (it's just that I have more fun when I can toss conspiracy theories around :lol: , makes the passage of time more entertaining for me :D ). And since I positioned myself into triple leverage using tranches, I was able to exit today from a considerable portion of that position at a profit.

I haven't done the math on it, but I would imagine that constantly playing the "move either way" strategy probably would net you a nice profit about 90% of the time in this random environment we are in. Although with the option premiums working against you on that strategy maybe it's closer to a 75% profit.
barrytrot

Postby mongo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:25 pm

I believe what we just saw the last few weeks was price manipulation at its finest. My only regret is that I didnt buy more. My hunch is that silver will be back up to the mid to upper 30s real soon. I have no evidence of this only a hunch. With the current economic condition right now I think PMs have nowhere to go but up. But either way im going to just keep sorting and stacking.

Sort On
Mongo
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:18 pm

mongo wrote:I believe what we just saw the last few weeks was price manipulation at its finest. My only regret is that I didnt buy more. My hunch is that silver will be back up to the mid to upper 30s real soon. I have no evidence of this only a hunch. With the current economic condition right now I think PMs have nowhere to go but up. But either way im going to just keep sorting and stacking.

Sort On
Mongo

My broker wanted to know if I had inside information with the trades I was placing today. I told him Mongo had spoken. He replied "huh?" I said "yep, the Hunch is back from another dame!" :lol:

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby mongo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 pm

To me it looks like the hunch is back FOR another Dame not from another Dame. R-R-R

Sort On

Mongo
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 am

beauanderos wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:I hope I'm 100% wrong (because I don't like being the partypooper) but the risk has compounded.

Cheers!

I figured we'd already witnessed a fairly strong upside today, so based on the premise that da boyz might retaliate I've positioned myself to now benefit from a move in either direction. For the record, Jon, there may well be truth in pricing (it's just that I have more fun when I can toss conspiracy theories around :lol: , makes the passage of time more entertaining for me :D ). And since I positioned myself into triple leverage using tranches, I was able to exit today from a considerable portion of that position at a profit.

Conspiracy theory aside, you seem like a very intelligent and savy market sage. Good to see that you and some others here are actively hedging and positioning in the electronic arena to enhance the physical. Yin-Yang

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals