Half Dollar Wrappers

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Half Dollar Wrappers

Postby MRBONG411 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Where would the cheapest place be to buy empty half dollar wrappers? I think the banks are getting mad at me for constantly asking for free ones so I wanted to buy my own to maybe help offset the amount they give me.

Thanks
MRBONG411
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Half Dollar Wrappers

Postby PolishPunisher » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 pm

I just throw mine away, maybe I should stop doing that.
PolishPunisher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby appjoe » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:39 pm

I know what you mean I got the same looks when I ask for them. Last time I put them back in the brinks wrappers and I really got dirty looks. They thought I've been saving halves for years and I let them think that but by using the brinks wrappers over they may think now that i'm roll searching.
appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:43 pm

If you get the machine wrapped rolls, then here's a trick I remember... Take a knife and only slice off the ring at one end. The wrapper stays intact. Slide out the coins, rim check, slide rejects back into roll and place back into box. My bank loved this because they had a rule that customer had to bring in rolls, and then the tellers would have to break the rolls and machine count at the end of the day. They liked mine because they slid out of the wrapper the easiest and caused them less work.

But perhaps you need "wrappers" for a whole other reason, Mr Bong
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm

i just bought a case of 1,000 these. they haven't arrived but we can work something out. they go for $4-5 per 100 on ebay all in.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby MRBONG411 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:12 pm

I tried the cutting off one end part and it seems to work great.

I use a pair of scissors and just trim around till its flush, slide them out and then back in if no silver with a small piece of tape over them to keep them in.

It takes a bit longer to do it that way but it will save many many wrappers.

Thanks everyone
MRBONG411
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm

https://www.generalbanksupply.com/store/product/customize/100830_101081/

I order mine from generalbanksupply. $3.68/1000. Minimum order is $25.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals