silver @ 30. was that it?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

silver @ 30. was that it?

Postby Cu Later » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 pm

i dont have cable orr computer so following news on analog phone a lil difficult & im not sure what to look for anyways. kept hearing about qe3 euro crisis dip? what are ur opinions? i bought 3 times under 30 but still have some cash reserved.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Re: silver @ 30. was that it?

Postby Double3 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 pm

It's under again. 29.97

Hurry up and buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Dial up works, if offered locally. ("Seattle area"? Kind-a sort-a.) Old computers are being thrown out, you should be able to find one not too far behind and install some form of low memory Linux (free). Several Linux user groups in that area. If you are stuck with MS, you still have a wide variety of freeware available.

I use this for the three day, Kitco charts:

http://www.kitco.com/images/live/silver.gif

http://www.kitco.com/images/live/gold.gif

If I understand what they are saying, this is a list of free programs for both Windows and Ubuntu Linux:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ListO ... cePrograms

I think this is the site I used back before switching to Linux:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

Big hang up is the people writing and designing the web sites think everyone has a firehose feed. There are ways around that, but you have to resist the temptation to surf.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Later » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:25 pm

thank you mossy.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Later » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:29 pm

ima look into dumpster diving with my fam. .
u gotta know where 2 dive.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Later » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 am

200 views & 1 opinion? what happened to all the "trigger pullers"
i know theres alot more educated ppl on here.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby texcollex » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:19 am

Most of us (I think) here believe physical silver is a good buy anytime you have the funds to afford it. I personally think under $30 silver is a good deal. Euro crisis dip? Even a better opportunity to buy. I say, buy some now and have a bit of cash held back to buy some later!

You can pick up a netbook with wifi capability for well under $200 if you shop carefully. Otherwise I say Dumpster dive away! Keep an eye on the curbs on trash day in middle class and higher neighborhoods. Computers aren't that hard to upgrade. I've created a few "Frankenstein" computers in my day. If you can't use an operating system like Ubuntu, and plan on using Windows, try and stick to Windows XP as the system requirements are quite a bit less than the later versions. Websites like Kitco have "mobile" versions of their websites that take very little in the way of resources to view.
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals