NYMEX to raise gold and silver futures margins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

NYMEX to raise gold and silver futures margins

Postby Country » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:39 pm

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINN0813844520071108

Here we go again.... Banksters change the rules. The long-term story has not changed.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: NYMEX to raise gold and silver futures margins

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 pm

have read rumors that wealthy asians were trying to create a short sqeeze. i guess this is the reason for the drop - guessing that the asians going long now must cover their longs. this is what they did to bunker hunt.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:have read rumors that wealthy asians were trying to create a short sqeeze. i guess this is the reason for the drop - guessing that the asians going long now must cover their longs. this is what they did to bunker hunt.

What the CME did to Bunker Hunt was change the rules so that BUYING new futures contracts after March 1980 for SILVER was impossible - LIQUIDATION only futures contracts was how they destroyed the Hunt brothers. Later, the rules were changed back.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Country wrote:http://in.reuters.com/article/idINN0813844520071108

Here we go again.... Banksters change the rules. The long-term story has not changed.

The story quoted here is three years old???
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:56 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Country wrote:http://in.reuters.com/article/idINN0813844520071108

The story quoted here is three years old???

ahahahahah :lol:

I didn't even see that! And here I am going. "OK I guess thats the reason for the 3 dollar drop"

good eye Scrubs for Guys
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:59 pm

But... what Country says is true, he just copied the wrong link:

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-market ... -from-5000

I guess this is somewhat of a sign of desperation, but shows that they are by no means out of ammunition to push the market around to their desired effect :evil:
Last edited by beauanderos on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Let's see them try to manipulate physical silver
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Country » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:29 pm

beauanderos wrote:But... what Country says is true, he just copied the wrong link:

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-market ... -from-5000

I guess this is somewhat of a sign of desperation, but shows that they are by no means out of ammunition to push the market around to their desired effect :evil:

Sorry guys... Looks like I was reading too many articles at once and pasted the wrong one on my post. The basic story is that the margin requirements on SILVER futures contracts are being raised as of COB tomorrow. That scared the bejeebers out of some margined traders; other folks just piled on the downtrend.

However, while NY still thinks it is the center of the world, it's not 1980 anymore. It's a global trading environment here in 2010. Just 'cause NY increases it's margin requirements doesn't mean that leveraged margin SILVER futures trading can't continue elsewhere in a different timezone. This episodic rise in PMs may well be part of the ongoing currency wars. We'll have to see how this plays out. But, it's not 1980 anymore, and NY is not the center of the world. :ugeek:
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby HelloMeteor » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:32 am

Market Harmony wrote:Let's see them try to manipulate physical silver

True. When silver dropped from around $20 to around $10, you couldn't find any to buy without paying huge premiums. Meaning, $10 wasn't the real price, unless you're buying 1000-5000 ounces at a time.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals