Silver - Time to Sell?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver - Time to Sell?

Postby JJM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:53 am

The shorts are taking it in the shorts again this morning...
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby stateofmind » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Start of the correction?
SLW Down 8% at close,
CDE down 6%.
:mrgreen:
stateofmind
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Perhaps... Perhaps not. Let's see what the rest of this week shows us.

What I find most interesting is that NY Wall Street and their best bud the LME seem to think that by raising margin requirements they can technically change the direction of a worldwide commodity. IMHO, we are witnessing economic powers toying in these markets. Who would dare to compete with hegemony that has existed for decades in these metals? Perhaps, the time has come for other sovereigns to mold markets as they alone see fit to do. Could players on the other side of this world become the new kingpins soon? I guess we'll see over the next weeks and months how this plays out.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 am

Country wrote:Perhaps... Perhaps not. Let's see what the rest of this week shows us.

What I find most interesting is that NY Wall Street and their best bud the LME seem to think that by raising margin requirements they can technically change the direction of a worldwide commodity. IMHO, we are witnessing economic powers toying in these markets. Who would dare to compete with hegemony that has existed for decades in these metals? Perhaps, the time has come for other sovereigns to mold markets as they alone see fit to do. Could players on the other side of this world become the new kingpins soon? I guess we'll see over the next weeks and months how this plays out.

Wouldn't it be nice to see enough of the dollar currency reserves held by China put into play by skillful practitioners to swamp the Bankster shorts? Last time a significant reversal occured in silver, it took ten trading days to recapture the print. Bet it won't take as long this time. Stateofmind... you must have money to burn, shorting SLW.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:00 am

GOING UP - COULD THIS BE ANOTHER 1 DAY CORRECTION?

SILVER UP $1.05 TO $28....
:mrgreen:

The market has spoken. Maybe NY is NOT in charge anymore....
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Devil Soundwave » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:12 am

Here we go again! Think I might go over to the coin shop and see if he has any ASE in... :D
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:22 am

time 0830-ish CST Dec silver 27.80

again IF i was in the Comex pit, selling with both hands, at 27.80, 28 even, and 28.50

obj.....24-20..somewhere in there.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am

just talking about futures for a second: obviously the volatility is insane.

right now, we're at the 27.00 even mark, and you can see the battle clearly, ie, some guys are trying to defend that price point, or maybe catch some foolhardy shorts vulnerable....or its day traders covering, but the in my lil opinion, the short term trend flipped and is down. i could be wrong, but this aint a bad thing, you got to clean the excess out.

Not defending the Comex AT ALL, nor the unholy ones, but when volatility gets crazy, its a normative occurence the exchange ups margins, i seen in all sorts of markets, wheat, corn, crude, you name it, margins go up, because if guys get foolish and get killed, its the house that eats it. i remember a day, when i could put on old crop/new crop corn spreads with a $135 margin, and i'd get crazy. Lucky for me, i was right....other times, not so much (lol)

oh! there we go.....they're hitting it below 27, going to go gunning for yesterdays low, and try and close Dec SI below that, make it look on the charts, and scare weak longs.

We're going to get blessed here, by being able to have one last chance to buy right, before these idjits burn thru the 600bln QE2.

ASE's at $500 a roll, 90's at 15X-16
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby JJM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 am

There is another big issue that I haven't seen mentioned on here in any of the threads - the crashing economies of Ireland and Greece. Money is leaving the Euro and entering the USD in droves, this is driving down the PM prices. It looks like the EEU will be the next sucker at the QE pump, this is uber-bullish for PM's... I believe this correction will be fairly short-lived.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:09 pm

All of this QE/ money manipulation makes me sick. It's immoral and it's going to hurt the weak and uneducated and uninformed the hardest.

One can only hope the architects of this get their asses handed to them first WTSHTF.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:52 am

Country wrote:Perhaps... Perhaps not. Let's see what the rest of this week shows us.

Over a decade ago, some laws were passed by the American People effecting the trade balances and economies of the world. Those who opposed it predicted the 21st century would belong to Asia. We have done it to ourselves.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby stateofmind » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:44 am

Silver crashing again in Europe and Asia. Currently down 3%, sparked by the USD rising in comparison to the Euro because of the bad economies in the Eurozone.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-1 ... igher.html
Will this transfer to the US in the morning :?:
stateofmind
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:49 am

good eye....sub $27
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby HelloMeteor » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:50 am