cramer says big no to silver on mad money tonight

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

cramer says big no to silver on mad money tonight

Postby bankmining » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Just wondering if any one caught Mad Money tonight. He had a caller ask what he thought about silver going up when the market manipulations finally end. Basically he shouted that silver is a bad idea and was a poor choice over gold and that silver miners were a thing to stay away from also. He ignored the part in the call about market rigging/manipulations.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: cramer says big no to silver on mad money tonight

Postby Cent1225 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 am

I cant say I have ever heard him speak positive about silver. Not sure why, he just dismisses it and says to ONLY buy gold.
I think it tendatious to say ONLY do this or NEVER do that.
Kind of like people saying the President is this or that Fox News is that.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:42 am

If Cramer said to buy silver I'd be scared...
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Bullion Buzzard » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:43 am

I would say as long as silver is under 35.00/oz you need to buy. It's only a matter of time before it goes sky high, and you don't want to be paying massive over spots when the news hits.
Bullion Buzzard

Postby agmoose » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:20 am

By the time Cramer realizes its time to buy silver, it'll be over $50. I'm glad he downtalked it - less competition...............for now.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:36 am

Cramer's accuracy was proven to be something like 50% worse than just "buying the market" a few years ago and it didn't do a thing to reduce his popularity :)

Think about it this way: Cramer spends at least 80% of his time preparing to be entertaining. That leaves, at most, 20% of his time to do market research. Naturally that will yield a far worse success rate than an analyst that spends 90% of their time doing market research.

And if you check out the "success rates" of full time analysts they aren't very good either! The market as a whole is better than about 48% (estimating here based on anecdotal evidence) of them!

Cramer's job is to entertain. If it was to pick securities correctly he would not have one.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:12 am

barrytrot wrote:Cramer's job is to entertain. If it was to pick securities correctly he would not have one.

That's why I avoid cable news networks in general. It's all about entertainment. If I'm getting news, it's usually from NPR radio. Topics are discussed in great length, interviews are done respectfully. IMO there's a time and a place for heated debate. 24 hours a day 7 days a week is overkill and just puts everyone in a mood to constantly fight against those who have a different point of view. And leaves no time for brotherhood.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:35 am

This assclown is the best contrary indicator there ever was.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby thedrifter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:36 am

Always remember Mr. Krammer worked for Goldman Sachs. He has friends and contacts who still do. He has no incentive to make good recomendations or tell the truth about the market manipulations. Whichevere markets the manipulations maybe taking place in.

If Krammer makes a recommendaion I run in the other direction. If I am already in an oppossing position I know I am doing right. I would ask his opinion just to know what not to do.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby pennypicker » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 am

Cramer has mentioned a few times in the past that he particularly likes gold because of it's scarcity. I guess he and most don't consider silver as a scarce metal.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:51 am

Hooray! Time to buy more. If you listened to that jerk you would have lost everything when the big crash happened. He is there to shill for the big time insiders. When I heard he started liking gold I got nervous. His disliking silver makes me feel better.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Naturally silver is up today :) Not up by much, but funny.

Whenever I notice a Cramer pick I often check the next day results and it is uncanny how often he's wrong.
barrytrot

Postby mongo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Does this guy annoy anybody else as much as he annoys me? Talk about a loud mouthed wanker.
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:39 pm

barrytrot wrote:And if you check out the "success rates" of full time analysts they aren't very good either! The market as a whole is better than about 48% (estimating here based on anecdotal evidence) of them!

Try Jim Jubak at MSN Money. He actually gets things right most of the time and *gasp* admits when he blew it! He's not a flashy TV personality though.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:08 pm

dannan14 wrote:
barrytrot wrote:And if you check out the "success rates" of full time analysts they aren't very good either! The market as a whole is better than about 48% (estimating here based on anecdotal evidence) of them!

Try Jim Jubak at MSN Money. He actually gets things right most of the time and *gasp* admits when he blew it! He's not a flashy TV personality though.

They'll probably fire him soon then :)
barrytrot

Postby slickeast » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm

BUY! BUY! BUY!

SELL! SELL! SELL!
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby twentybux » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Just remember he is on the boob tube to amuse you. :mrgreen:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aristobolus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 am

Booyahhhh!
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals