Cramer jinxed us!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Cramer jinxed us!

Postby aristobolus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 am

I was going to post this at the heighth of the upside, but I am just now getting to it. Once Cramer jumps aboard something, your jinxed if your in it. Take this with a grain of Salt, it is meant to be funny- kind of.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/82570/2 ... cramer.htm
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Re: Cramer jinxed us!

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 am

Cramer is an entertainer... his rants are meant to grab attention, and they do. I'm not so sure he actually even believes himself, at least not with the fervor he displays. I actually think he gives good advice in this article... the fools are the 196 members of the audience who think they are safe holding fiat and downplaying the importance of gold in a portfolio. So... even in a cohort of high net worth individuals, only 2% are on board? On another issue, does Hoard know that someone snuck into his garage and took a picture of his stash? Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:11 pm

cramers sheep......let him get onboard, talk up these ETF's, i love it, maybe we can sell off one last time.

just one last time.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:31 pm

neilgin1 wrote:cramers sheep......let him get onboard, talk up these ETF's, i love it, maybe we can sell off one last time.

just one last time.
I'm not smart enough to time the markets and pick perfect highs and inexpensive reentry points. I'm satisfied to identify a trend and realize 70-80% of the gains by staying with it until it is exhausted. I don't plan on selling my PM's at only five to ten percent of what they'll be worth in only two years. If it was good enough for Jesse Livermore and Richard Russell, it's good enough for me. Livermore once alluded to what was hardest for him was doing nothing, but that's how he made the bulk of his money, by identifying a long-term trend and riding it. If you dismount a horse that has just finished galloping, once it has rested it could escape before you have a chance to get back on. Image
Last edited by beauanderos on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beauanderos

Postby JJM » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:40 pm

He may have jinxed the gold market, but I noted that he was mum on silver, which is just fine by me! ;)
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Cramer jinxed nothing.

humbly i submit, no such thing as a jinx.

Gold's going to $3200-4000, silver's going to $75-$125, and the nickel will be debased next year.

oh yeh, and if any US and/or Israeli ordinance hits Iranian soil, crude is going to $400 and gasoline to $10 a gallon.

strap in brothers, we live in interesting times.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Why would crude rise to 400 if Iran is attacked?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby stateofmind » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Iran would block the Suez Canal which would restrict the flow of Oil to the West.
stateofmind
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Why didn't Iran block the Suez Canal during the Iran Iraq war. When we were supporting Iraq?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to take control of the straits of Hormuz? It's only 34 miles wide in the narrowest spot. If they could put a chokehold on that bottleneck they could delay 5,000,000 barrels a day of crude
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Iran does not have the capibility to block any major trade route.

With half a set of balls, the free world would knock thier asses back 100 years.

The set, however, is short.
Thogey

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals