Tungsten filled gold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Tungsten filled gold

Postby Engineer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Tungsten filled gold

Postby BamaJoe » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:18 am

If you think that's something just wait until Fort Knox is actually audited. :lol:
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby tractorman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:14 am

That kinda crap is bad for us all.

But I can't help but to think ... looking at the C. Montgomery Burns hand in that pic that hasn't seen a days work in its life ... that he's a shyster, one of the "we buy gold!" guys, and he deserves it. I hope so. If he's a good guy, I feel sorry for him.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 am

tractorman wrote:That kinda crap is bad for us all.

But I can't help but to think ... looking at the C. Montgomery Burns hand in that pic that hasn't seen a days work in its life ... that he's a shyster, one of the "we buy gold!" guys, and he deserves it. I hope so. If he's a good guy, I feel sorry for him.

Define work. There are a lot of HARD jobs that require no heavy lifting.

Are you saying those jobs are repugnant or that the people that do them are?
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tractorman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:25 am

barrytrot wrote:
tractorman wrote:That kinda crap is bad for us all.

Define work. There are a lot of HARD jobs that require no heavy lifting.

Are you saying those jobs are repugnant or that the people that do them are?

Of course not. I myself have a job that is mostly behind a desk. Just an impression I got from the pic, that's all. Like I said, if he's a good guy, I feel sorry for him. It was only hypothetical.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:28 am

Understood tractorman, thank you for the clarification.
barrytrot

Postby tractorman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:46 am

Right on.

Sometimes I'm reminded of Henry David Thoreau's essay "Walking" ...

"When sometimes I am reminded that the mechanics and shopkeepers stay in their shops not only all the forenoon, but all the afternoon too, sitting with crossed legs, so many of them—as if the legs were made to sit upon, and not to stand or walk upon—I think that they deserve some credit for not having all committed suicide long ago."

I have found myself drawn to land surveying in an effort to make a living and try to remain sane. I get out into the countryside quite often this way. :D
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tractorman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 am

Or course, I'm a contradiction ... for in the same short essay where I use Thoreau to justify my choice ... he says about those who would impede his "walks" ...

"I saw the fences half consumed, their ends lost in the middle of the prairie, and some worldly miser with a surveyor looking after his bounds, while heaven had taken place around him, and he did not see the angels going to and fro, but was looking for an old post-hole in the midst of paradise. I looked again, and saw him standing in the middle of a boggy Stygian fen, surrounded by devils, and he had found his bounds without a doubt, three little stones, where a stake had been driven, and looking nearer, I saw that the Prince of Darkness was his surveyor."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:20 am

I agree with tractorman on the hands, because they tell you what kind of person you're dealing with.

Even though my job is sedentary, anyone who cares to look can see my life history reflected in my hands. I've always been a person who makes things happen, and I've got the calluses and scars to prove it. Salesmen generally have well kept hands without many calluses or scars, and while they have their purpose and place in the world, they're not the workers I'm looking for. I want the guy with dirt under all nine of his nails...while the sales group I try to avoid answering to would consider that some sort of hideous defect.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby DebtFreeMe » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:35 am

Missing a finger?
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Postby Gamecock » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 am

anyone with hands that pretty ought to be hanged
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby AFModell » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Gamecock wrote:anyone with hands that pretty ought to be hanged

Uncalled for and ridiculous.
AFModell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:27 pm

AFModell wrote:
Gamecock wrote:anyone with hands that pretty ought to be hanged

Uncalled for and ridiculous.

Especially since Rodebaugh has nicer hands than the tungsten guy.
barrytrot

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:46 pm

why do you think I'm lying low and wearing two turtle necks :shock: ................ :lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby merchoarder » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Did you ever consider its not a man with pretty hands but a woman with ugly hands :shock: ?
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Or that the hands are actually HEAVILY WORK WORN but the guy always wears a glove like the antagonist in "Of Mice and Men"?

That's my theory.

Or, the hands are work worn but they were heavily "air brushed" prior to publishing!
barrytrot

Postby beauanderos » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 pm

You guys are ALL clearly missing the point here. This is actually incredible evidence, laying to rest all the rumors that have been floating around for years, but that no one could prove. Anyone with half a brain can see that this is clearly a fossilized cigarette case which has transformed thru eons, into this condition. What further corroboration does anyone need to be convinced that extraterrestrials once visited the Earth? :shock:

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:56 pm

I opened this up, saw the picture and got a little sick. That is an ugly ugly sight.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals