I know it's not copper, but . . .

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I know it's not copper, but . . .

Postby ceddy2 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:49 pm

yesterday at the gas station I got a 1946 quarter back in change. The young kid behind the counter said "I've never seen a quarter this old, it's a 1946." I casually replied, "Oh really?" Sly fox that I am. But I wasn't sly enough to figure out how to ask him how many more "old quarters" might be in his cash drawer.
ceddy2

Re: I know it's not copper, but . . .

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:52 pm

ceddy2 wrote:yesterday at the gas station I got a 1946 quarter back in change. The young kid behind the counter said "I've never seen a quarter this old, it's a 1946." I casually replied, "Oh really?" Sly fox that I am. But I wasn't sly enough to figure out how to ask him how many more "old quarters" might be in his cash drawer.

It's easy. Just ask if there are any more old ones. Especially since he brought it up. i would even ask if someone recently paid in coins.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals