Coin purchases don’t live up to claims

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Coin purchases don’t live up to claims

Postby fb101 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 pm

There's more to it all than scarcity. In the end it's one step further; demand.
In demand today will most likely NOT be in demand tomorrow.
The old stutz bearcat model won;t mean a thing to anyone in another 25 years.
Neither will Andy Griffith memorabilia.
(not to single them out, just examples)
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby twentybux » Tue May 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Thogey wrote:DA, the complainer, is a MORON!

Get an lawyer? that's the answer to everything!

I hope he does and spends the rest of his money in a legal battle trying to correct his own stupid decisions.

This is what is wrong with America.

And if he does he should pay the lawyer in Franklin Mint "RARE" coins. :lol:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 pm

theo wrote:http://www.franklinmint.com/collectible-coins-bullion/gold-coins/american-eagle-gold-coins.html

They still seem to be in business, but they are run by a private equity firm out NYC according to Wikipedia. And they do sell gold and silver coins, but they are wildly over-priced. $3300 for a one ounce AGE.

Are they out of their freakin' mind???
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:The Franklin Mint or the US Mint. I'd say both are selling lots of bull most of the time!

Lets be honest and think about the money people have spent in the past and in the present on Bicentennial Quarters, Presidential Dollars, State Quarters and the list goes on and on.

"The Hobby" is being killed little by little in my opinion. The following is a decent article that points out some of the problems:

Problems of the Hobby
http://www.acoin.com/hoprobs.htm

I hope at some point before it is too late all the bad guys will get weeded out. However it is hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys nowadays!

I sure would trust the US Mint before any other private business. At least you know that when a person buys silver...it HAS to be what they say it is...999 Pure. The prices are a bit high, but its good quality.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Thu May 03, 2012 7:09 pm

I have franklin mint sterling art bar with snowmen on one side and the Franklin logo on the other. It came in a nice display box. I like it for what it is but never thought I would get rich off of it.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals