1st solid 40% roll from bank

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

1st solid 40% roll from bank

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I was turning in $100 of pennies at a bank that I usually don't go to recently; this is a bank that at 1st cut me off from ordering halves and then said they would start charging me for turning in bags of halves.

So I go in with my crate with 4 boxes of pennies and go up to the merchant teller.

She asks me if I am going to cash them and I said yes but decided to ask her if she had any halves to sell me. She had $40 worth and the teller beside her chimed in and said he had $170 worth he could sell me too.

They were a mix of different types of wrappers

I opened a couple of them and found nothing and figured I had gotten someone's dump. However, I opened one roll and it was solid 40% silver halves which was pretty cool.

Only one other roll had a single 40%; all the others were clad.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: 1st solid 40% roll from bank

Postby Country » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 pm

The SOLID SILVER CWR - There's nothing like the thrill of finding them. Congrats!!! :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Just read your post to my wife.

She exclaimed, awsome!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby slickeast » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:33 pm

That is sweet. About a year ago I was lucky enough to get a solid roll of 40% at a bank. Sure makes for a good day.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Way to go! Feels great, doesn't it? Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby geewhzz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:18 am

wish all of us could be so lucky :>
geewhzz

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:13 am

You will never forget your first time. Congrats PS!
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby uthminsta » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 am

You were probably right... it might have been someone's dump... except they threw one roll in the wrong box before they came back to the bank!
uthminsta

Postby BamaJoe » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm green with envy. Had some nice rolls at times, but never a solid one. :mrgreen:
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 pm

I guess I got spoiled.... our first time out we got a roll of Franklins.... and about a half roll of Kennedy silvers.
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals