Half Source Bank - Now Charges $5/Box

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Half Source Bank - Now Charges $5/Box

Postby Country » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Well, I knew it was inevitable. Charges for boxes are becoming more commonplace.

I noticed someone else dumping $3000 in halves each week. I dump my pennies only at this branch because it's convenient, I never dump the halves here, but I have been getting 3 boxes of halves from them each week. I asked and found out someone was dumping $3000 of halves every week to this bank where they got them from - that's a NO,NO (I see the bags of halves on the vault floor each week when I help the tellers dump my pennies). It doesn't surprise me that the bank is going to charge $5/box after this week. Of course, I said no more halves for me. I'll be looking for another source for my halves. One nice thing - No charge to bring them coins. I think I'll become their supplier. 8-)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: Half Source Bank - Now Charges $5/Box

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Just supply the guy dumping the 3k each week. Take your halves, put them in a nice bag and let them give them to him. Perfect...he now searches your dump.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Country wrote:Well, I knew it was inevitable. Charges for boxes are becoming more commonplace.

As silver prices rise by multiples, even more people will think to begin searching. Our time for obtaining freebies is limited. Search hard, find fast. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby sdmarasso » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:43 am

The only reason people know to search is because idiots post on youtube and places like that advertising the fact that there is still silver in circulation. Majority of the population are dumb asses and have no idea about silver coins, when they were minted or their silver content.
sdmarasso

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals