US Mint selling newly discovered Pre-33 Gold???

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

US Mint selling newly discovered Pre-33 Gold???

Postby HPMBTT » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Alright, I only caught the tail end of it on the FM radio station, but they said that the New York Mint had found some Pre-1933 US Gold, and that you call this 800 number and they said they will send you some info on it and that it's first come-first serve. Excuse me, but WTF????? This is total BS, right? The ad seemed legit, but I didn't catch the whole thing and didn't write down the 800 number. And no, I'm not kidding.

Anyone else hear anything?? Or am I just hearing things? This isn't similar to one of those Cash For Gold scams, right? I couldn't find anything about this on Google.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: US Mint selling newly discovered Pre-33 Gold???

Postby Rosco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 pm

there is not a New York mint For USA it is sales organization :oops: trying to sell you older Us mint product for too much money :oops:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby HPMBTT » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Ah ok....well, that would make sense then.....if others care to comment as well, feel free.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Rosco's on the money. The NY Mint is just a private company trying to sell overpriced coins.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BOHICA » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:22 pm

I hate their commercials. :( :evil:

"In the 1930's people were greedy for gold and the government pulled the gold coins from circulation..."
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 pm

BOHICA wrote:I hate their commercials. :( :evil:

"In the 1930's people were greedy for gold and the government pulled the gold coins from circulation..."

Have not seen them :lol:

One other think I was thinking. Wow! , silver and gold are so popular. Every page I visit has APMEX banner ads all over them. I looked at my fiances computer and she said she doesnt get them, then I forgot about how good they are with targeting them
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals