Wow... Nice Move, Platinum!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Wow... Nice Move, Platinum!

Postby beauanderos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Wish our long-awaited PM rally would nudge silver and gold forth an equivalent percentage move :D
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Wow... Nice Move, Platinum!

Postby NHsorter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:16 pm

:D My cousin was trying to get me to sell him some platinum earlier in the week and I told him hell no, go find your own. :lol: So he settled for fractional gold, which is much easier to replace in my experience anyway.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:25 pm

dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Murdered sounds harsh (but maybe deservedly so). Apparently, two security guards were burned to death in their car earlier in the week, and two more policemen were killed in the skirmishes. So, no doubt, the cops are on edge, and when they were rushed they reacted (defensively? who knows), maybe without considering the lethality of their actions.
What started as a protest over wages is morphing into different issues.
beauanderos

Postby scyther » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Hm I just started following the platinum price a few weeks ago. It seems to me that it's more volatile than gold and silver. I was thinking if it dropped a few hundred more dollars I would buy some, but it seems that will never happen now...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:12 pm

scyther wrote:Hm I just started following the platinum price a few weeks ago. It seems to me that it's more volatile than gold and silver. I was thinking if it dropped a few hundred more dollars I would buy some, but it seems that will never happen now...

platinum is probably viewed as more of an industrial metal than precious, much like silver. It wouldn't hurt to make a small component of your portfolio platinum, but the main emphasis should be on silver or gold, as they are much more liquid. If you've already got plenty, then take a nibble. I don't think The Overlords manipulate the prices like they do silver and gold.
beauanderos

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Without a union my parents would have been screwed. Strike! Strike! I do own a little platinum too. ;)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/ ... ooting.cnn

this is a video of part of what went down in africa. This is NOT for the faint of heart.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Bone thug execution style. Life is cheap in Africa. Wow!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals