2012 Proof Platinum Eagles

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

2012 Proof Platinum Eagles

Postby NHsorter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Mintage looks low on these. Could this be a good opportunity to flip when they come out. Anyone anticipate a secondary market at a higher price?

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=16500&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10054
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: 2012 Proof Platinum Eagles

Postby My2Cents » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Seems decent to me, especially at 15,000 mintage. The premium isn't that bad either considering it's coming from the Mint. If Pt keeps going up with the whole mining strike etc, it could bode well for this issue.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" Voltaire
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals