Found 2 silver dimes!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Found 2 silver dimes!

Postby mrrosado » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:33 am

Well now this is becoming a bit of a hobby. I looked through my sisters and brothers coins and found 2 silver dimes! They let me keep them. I think silver dimes are the most available coin in circulation. I went to two banks and they had no silver halves. Pennies have the most success rate because they are many in circulation. I'm going to start sorting those for fun.
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
mrrosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Found 2 silver dimes!

Postby brian0918 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 am

Silver dimes are definitely the easiest way to make money on a budget, because you can quickly edge-check an entire box containing plastic rolls. With copper pennies, you have to check every date, or buy a Ryedale Sorter for a few hundred dollars. And even then, the interest in copper is much lower than silver, so you would have a more difficult time getting rid of the copper you find, unless you plan to just hold onto it all.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Found 2 silver dimes!

Postby OtusLotus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 am

I have had a lot of success when I ask my friends if I can look thru their spare change. I have found silver nicks, dimes, quarters, buffalo nicks, wheat pennies, and even some foreign coins.

If you always search for everything, chances are you will find something!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals