Pulled this from the reddit silver forum

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Pulled this from the reddit silver forum

Postby JerrySpringer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 am

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Pulled this from the reddit silver forum

Postby justoneguy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 am

Quote from above article.

What worries me most about the economic crash that awaits us is that people don’t understand that the impending accident is simply the market releasing the economic energy stored up from decades of stepping on the accelerator through deficit spending and currency creation. Like an accident in the fog, the pileup will be amazing. Then the scared population will scream in unison, “The government has to do something about it.” And the government will.

Then, when everyone thinks the accident is behind us the unintended consequences of the government doing something about will be like a semi-truck suddenly appearing out of the fog and smashing into the pileup. And everyone will scream, “The free market isn’t working”, and then the government will do something about it.

Looking back into history, the best example of the government completely taking over the responsibility of running the economy is the U.S.S.R.

In every case I can think of, the worst thing that can happen is the government doing something about it. Every time we ask the government to do something about it, we lose just a little more freedom.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:45 am

The economic ramifications part of the article is worthwhile... the last part smacks of being a shill for Tesla... I wonder how much stock he owns in the two companies? And I like Mike Maloney! I wanted to get a Tesla someday... now he says they've stopped making the roadster :roll: :cry:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JerrySpringer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 am

beauanderos wrote:The economic ramifications part of the article is worthwhile... the last part smacks of being a shill for Tesla... I wonder how much stock he owns in the two companies? And I like Mike Maloney! I wanted to get a Tesla someday... now he says they've stopped making the roadster :roll: :cry:

The article reminded me that everything around us is just things, like the Tesla and silver. Glad Mike survived and had minimal injury. My thoughts on the economy are that I expect it to do nothing but fully reduce the buying power of my savings and income until I cry mercy. My only choices are to stay the course and put away funds in my retirement savings and get physical silver and copper cents as time permits. My experience has given me this, that you should expect to be surprised, maybe underwhelmed and overwhelmed, and to stay skeptical of forecasts. Hence, my opinion is just that, mine, but thinking about what physical metals or a fast, green car or having more money than God can do is not the ultimate thing to strive for, I believe. Staying healthy and under the radar, those things are king. I posted the reddit link as I have been digging that website these past months. Something for everyone there I guess.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:30 am

You go to hell and you die!

Jelly

Edit: I make that $99.25 plus or minus one Canadian dime in face value.

Roughly $2000 worth.

Yeah, you definitely go to hell and die!

See, if this was here, we'd be praising and brown nosing each other silly.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby brian0918 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:21 am

"You go to hell and you die" is a phrase from South Park. Quoting South Park and Family Guy is the only means of communication available to many people. I'd consider it another symptom of our deteriorating social fabric.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:39 am

Yea my favorite from the comments was

ValuableDan:
What's wrong with me that I can't feel happy for you? I feel nothing but hate.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 am

brian0918 wrote:"You go to hell and you die" is a phrase from South Park. Quoting South Park and Family Guy is the only means of communication available to many people. I'd consider it another symptom of our deteriorating social fabric.

Nobody said reddit was refined. It isn't. The thing is that silver hunting has gotten mainstream. So has gold-panning/ dredging IMHO. That was quite stirring to see what the OP found at the bank. The stuff is still out there. Have to be at the right place at the right time.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals