Do your pickup banks order for you?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Do your pickup banks order for you?

Postby brian0918 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 am

Do your pickup banks normally order boxes for you every week, or do you have to call them each week to place an order? I talked to my local Keybank and asked if they could just order every week, and they said I have to call every time I want to order.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Do your pickup banks order for you?

Postby theshoenlebens » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:06 pm

I pick up once week. When I do, they just ask what I want next week and order it for me. Can't complain one bit. :thumbup:
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BlackOut » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 pm

All of the above. Just depends on the branch, not even the bank, the branch. Seems like each branch makes its own rules and policies. Not the ideal way to run a business IMO.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby mishra142 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:26 pm

I also just tell them when I pick up what I want the following week. Works well.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Chief » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Same thing next week, Chief?
Yep. Thanks!

Easy-peasy. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby brian0918 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks, I guess I just feel like I'm wasting all their time with my hobby, that I just enter and leave as quickly as possible. :?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:33 pm

brian0918 wrote:Thanks, I guess I just feel like I'm wasting all their time with my hobby, that I just enter and leave as quickly as possible. :?

Wasting their time? Most of my pickups tell me how slow they are and how much homework they have gotten done during the day. :lol: YMMV, of course.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby brian0918 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Chief wrote:
brian0918 wrote:Thanks, I guess I just feel like I'm wasting all their time with my hobby, that I just enter and leave as quickly as possible. :?

Wasting their time? Most of my pickups tell me how slow they are and how much homework they have gotten done during the day. :lol: YMMV, of course.

When I show up, this older guy and an older lady from the cubicle area see me coming, and get ready. They both go into the vault to get the boxes, then he has to sign off on them, and she has to wait with the boxes while I load them up. Maybe every bank is different, but I'm the only one who I ever see tying up three employees at once.
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BlackOut » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm

brian0918 wrote:
Chief wrote:

When I show up, this older guy and an older lady from the cubicle area see me coming, and get ready. They both go into the vault to get the boxes, then he has to sign off on them, and she has to wait with the boxes while I load them up. Maybe every bank is different, but I'm the only one who I ever see tying up three employees at once.

Sometimes 2 or 3. I try to go during non-peak hours so they are not impacted as much. I also try to let them know when I will be coming and my well organized banks will go ahead and get them from the vault and have them sitting out on the counter waiting on me.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals