There are still deals out there.......

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

There are still deals out there.......

Postby schockergd » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:35 pm

A month or so ago, I managed to format & nearly destroy my Android phone. One of the apps I've had on it for the past year or so has been a craigslist search app that automatically finds people selling coins. Last year I made several deals via craigslist on nice coins, but hadn't made any this year.

When I finally got my phone un-bricked, I didn't install the craigslist app due to my frustration with not finding any decent coin deals. Tuesday I decided to install it just in the event I could find something.

Ended up buying a guy's collection of silver coins out right around melt value.

Ended up with 3 AU/XF of the following : 1891-O Morgan, 1921 Morgan and a 1921 Peace dollar. The guy needed cash and the local silver place was going to give him around $60 for all three!

Also ended up with a 1900 barber half, 1914 barber quarter and a 1906 Silver Canadian quarter too, all under spot, along with some other misc junk silver.

Needless to say I'm pretty excited, after everything is said and done, the 1921 is worth more than I paid for the entire collection :)
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Re: There are still deals out there.......

Postby Oakair » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Nice!

Ive been slacking on the Craigslist searching, but it's a great resource with deals that move pretty quick
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:54 pm

nice!The first, and LAST time I used craigslist, I got attacked by a pit bull!(previously posted under real expensive pennies by me) I may try again, but only in a public place.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby schockergd » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm

This was one of my better deals but not best. My best was 300 40% Kennedy halves at 80% of spot. Sold off 250 on the way back home from the meeting, got the 50 remaining for almost free.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby OtusLotus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:56 pm

What is the app?
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals