Going to blow my top!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Going to blow my top!

Postby brian0918 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 pm

So granted, I've only been sorting regularly for one month, but I've been ordering boxes from the same bank every week and coming in like clockwork. I called them Tuesday to order 4 more boxes of dimes, and they said they would order Weds as usual. I always stop by on Thursday around lunchtime, and they all recognize me now. Well today I stop by on my lunch break, and they forgot to order!

So I thought, that's okay, I just so happened to place another order with a nearby bank, so I'll stop by there real quick and get my silver fix. But I remember that they wanted me to call ahead, so I try calling, but my cell phone is suddenly broken - the audio is all garbled even though I've got full bars. I about threw my phone out the window in a fit of rage! So I couldn't call them. I drop by there anyway, and find out their vault is on a 20-minute timer. Well I don't have 20 minutes, so I have to wait until Saturday. :x

So now I've got nothing to show and a major craving for some silver! Help! :sick:
Last edited by brian0918 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Going to blow my top!

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a deep breath...order some more coin...and relax!

Is there an LCS near you where you can feed your "fix"...?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm

There are members selling silver over in the BIN forum :mrgreen:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby brian0918 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 pm

NHsorter wrote:There are members selling silver over in the BIN forum :mrgreen:

Thanks, but I couldn't find anyone selling for $1.40/oz :P
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 pm

brian0918 wrote:So granted, I've only been sorting regularly for one month, but I've been ordering boxes from the same bank every week and coming in like clockwork. I called them Tuesday to order 4 more boxes of dimes, and they said they would order Weds as usual. I always stop by on Thursday around lunchtime, and they all recognize me now. Well today I stop by on my lunch break, and they forgot to order!

So I thought, that's okay, I just so happened to place another order with a nearby bank, so I'll stop by there real quick and get my silver fix. But I remember that they wanted me to call ahead, so I try calling, but my cell phone is suddenly broken - the audio is all garbled even though I've got full bars. I about threw my phone out the window in a fit of rage! So I couldn't call them. I drop by there anyway, and find out their vault is on a 20-minute timer. Well I don't have 20 minutes, so I have to wait until Saturday. :x

So now I've got nothing to show and a major craving for some silver! Help! :sick:

Are we drinking too much coffee? :P :P :lol:

You can always sort nickels, sort pennies, OR do what I do... climb up on flat roofs and haul away worn-out A/C compressors & motors for the #1 copper in them. :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby BlackOut » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Get used to them "forgetting" rook.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm

brian0918 wrote:
NHsorter wrote:There are members selling silver over in the BIN forum :mrgreen:

Thanks, but I couldn't find anyone selling for $1.40/oz :P

:lol: :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby DebtFreeMe » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:14 pm

BlackOut wrote:Get used to them "forgetting" rook.

Unless you give them a reason not to forget. Like by being the guy that would drop by on Monday with some cookies for your favorite tellers and saying "oh, ya and I will be back on Wednesday to pick up my order..." After that you will never have a problem... :clap:

Make them happy and they will be sure to keep you happy. :thumbup:
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals